Modifying 99 stock mid-pipe for 96 Cobra?

Rick98Z

Established Member
Is there any ways to modify a stock 99 mid-pipe from a gt/saleen to work on my 96 Cobra? Having a hard time getting drivers side flanges to mate up and cats are hitting transmission crossmember. I just need to get the car through MD state inspection is the only reason I bought this used mid-pipe thinking it would work. I know I will need to extend some wiring for O2's which isn't a big deal...As soon as I get through inspection it is coming right off so it isn't like a need a permanent fix, just trying to rig it in for now. Any thoughts?

1BD9D7

Rollin down the road in..
Established Member
I had to enlarge the holes a bit to make my 96-98 style bbk h pipe fit my 03-04 cobra oem manifolds. Are there more cats or are they are a different location to make them hit the trans crossmember? I did not know about that.

Rick98Z

Established Member
I think the cat location is the issue with the tranny crossmember...The tranny crossmember has rounded pockets where the cats should be but pockets dont seem high enough to accomodate the 99's cats :( If I can get the flange bolts on drivers side manifold to midpipe to get somewhat bolted up, I might just let the cats rest on the crossmember at an angle and bolt the catback up to it...It will be working ugly angles but I just need to have cats to be able to get through state inspection, its coming right back off after that!

Users who are viewing this thread