mods for 06 4.2 v6 reg cab f150

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
MacF150 said:
:coolman: I need some sources where i can find performance parts and basically where I should begin? Thanks

Not trying to bash, but if you wanted performance from your truck you should've bought the 5.4L model. Even with a blower, your truck will be hard pressed to run low 16's.

Trade your truck in for a v-6 ranger, it will be faster, cheaper and better MPG. Otherwise I wouldn't suggest modding a v-6 f-150 :nono:

MacF150

Rangers suck ass

I understand the 5.4 triton:rockon: would of been god to have but i took this truck under my own name so in a few years when i get monsterous credit i'll for sure either get my dream lighting or harley truck but for now i can only dream! SO i'm going to stick with what i got and give it some light mods just to get a lil more out of the engine! I rather ride up high than drive a pos ranger! But thanks anyway on the reply. Peace

MacF150

I just put on a flowmaster muffler running dual tip exhaust and it sounds pretty good on idle but it sounds fairly quiet around town. I will add a k&n when i get my oil change is due up within the next two months. I decided to remove this rubber covering that was mounted around the stock intake. Since i moved it out of the intake's way it seems to breathe a bit more freely. Is this a good idea to do?

spike_africa

Established Member
thats intake silencer which will help some flow and give maybe another 1-2 hp with a good filter. I would just do the exhaust,filter,and maybe underdrive pulleys and call it a day. that truck without alot of mods just wont ever be very fast.

jordan_m6

Established Member
sorry, but so far the faster v6 f-150 is running a 12.8 or so. Not to many people that own these trucks are willing to put a lot of mony in the v6 to make it fast. but most of the V6 mustangs internals are interchangeable due to the fact that the 4.2 is just a stroked 3.8 with a ford windstars split port intake system.

Users who are viewing this thread