• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Modular/Prebfab Homes

Discussion in 'Road Side Pub' started by T's03GT, Jan 10, 2019.

1. RDJ

RDJ ZERO shits given Established Member

it depends on how you calculate it. I could sell this place today, buy a smaller place and bank close to 200k. I could bank more than that if I wanted to move to land I own in MO. I would agree that technically I wouldn't see a ROI unless I sold. but whatever

Blown 89 likes this.
  2. CobraVenom01

CobraVenom01 Well-Known Member Established Member

My first house was a modular home. My wife and I paid $217500 in 2016 and just sold this past September for $295k. Did nothing but live in it for 2 years. It was a beautiful house, we just out grew it when we had our daughter. It was on a concrete block foundation, so it had a small crawl space, which ended up being great for ease of electrical, plumbing or whatever else may need to be done under the house.

Because of the profit, we were able to purchase in the neighborhood i grew up in, my parents still live there as well. We are one street over from them. Upgraded to a 2000 sq feet 4 bed 2 bath 2 car with pool and fire place. Very happy even though it was a fixer upper. No big deal for us as I do all the work, we flip condos on the side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PhoenixM3 and T's03GT like this.
  3. T's03GT

T's03GT #Team5bro Established Member

Been having issues with getting on the site lately.

Obviously the option that first popped into my mind was that. However, I have a house and land coming to me in due time when the unfortunate happens. The whole point of me thinking about a modular is because of that; the future is what I am planning for. In my eyes, why spend probably double the cost to have a house built that is just as nice, on the same land, for the same amount of time that I would as if I were to buy a modular? If I planned on staying there forever, I'd lean more towards a stick build.

A lot of people do not realize the difference between modular and manufactured. I think some in this thread are getting them confused for one another. I have been on modular homes before and literally would have never known the difference until I was told so..

In regards to this, the fact that I am able to get land how I can because of my family, I don't foresee resale value being much of an issue at all, especially around here. Land around here goes for a lot more than most places and the fact that ours is farm ground, even more of a way to bargain on the price.

Like I said above in this reply, not forever. I fully plan on moving into my grandparents house when the time comes.

I will for sure send a message your way this week.

I fully planned on doing that when I find the right place to check into, if I decide to go this route. Which I am honestly almost sold on it as of right now.

ford fanatic and Outlaw99 like this.
  4. thomas91169

thomas91169 # of bans = 5203 Established Member

Depends. Honestly some of you guys where a nice 3br/2ba can be had for $200k or less, not sure why you'd even consider this option unless you already owned land/property and just wanted something cheap to stick on there.

A bunch of people I know down here now own modular homes because its the only way you can get a decent looking 3-4br for under half a mil anymore, and even then if you have to pay the spot least it still is expensive. However, once you are inside the home, these newer built modulars are incredibly nice inside. Their 2015 modular home had better amenities than our other coworkers actual new house on the side of the hill that was built in 05.

5. 08mojo

08mojo ... Established Member

6. Outlaw99

Outlaw99 Join us. Moderator

The best way is from the inside, a,seam in the ceiling where the halves or parts are put together.

Sent from my LG V30 ThinQ using the svtperformance.com mobile app

08mojo likes this.