modularheadshop

Sebastion

Established Member
has anyone got there heads done or bought there stage 5 heads by modularheadshop . I’m planning on buying some stage 5 heads from them .

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I have used Livernois with LS heads, very happy with them.

After reading some not so flattering comments on MHS and reading "quoted comments" that the owner said. I would be hesitant.

Sebastion

Established Member
Has anyone bought these? I’m gonna be buying these . Was looking for some cams but couldn’t find any on there website . I want them to assemble the heads with cams ect .

Attachments

• BE4349FF-A559-4F11-B1D7-3E366BF59456.png
    BE4349FF-A559-4F11-B1D7-3E366BF59456.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 101

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I dunno how far back the comments are MHS but the original owner (nick maybe?) has passed and I think it’s justin Jordan that owns it now. They’ve got a shop under another name as well that builds motors etc...

keith89

Established Member
I had my original heads repaired 4 or 5 years ago by Modular head shop when 2 passenger side valve seats dropped. They rebuild both heads and replaced all valve seats, seals, etc. Been fine so far. "knock on wood".

ShootyMCstabby

Brownie Hound.
Established Member
I dunno how far back the comments are MHS but the original owner (nick maybe?) has passed and I think it’s justin Jordan that owns it now. They’ve got a shop under another name as well that builds motors etc...

OK I don't want to put out bad info. So I will say the bad I heard of MHS was when Nick was the owner/operator. Sounds like most of the grief was from him.

ctgreddy

Established Member
Has anyone bought these? I’m gonna be buying these . Was looking for some cams but couldn’t find any on there website . I want them to assemble the heads with cams ect .

I actually work at livernois and know a few friends that run our heads. Never heard a bad thing about any of our head work.

Also have a friend that’s getting a shortblock built by mhs, so far he’s pleased as they’re communicating well. He’s already about 1-2 weeks past the original build date goal but just about every engine shop misses deadlines lol.

Whoever you use just make sure they are known in the modular world. These heads are intricate.

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
Slawko, Livernois and Foxlake all have killer CNC programs for our heads however if you are a DC casting they will have to hand port to avoid the water jackets. Kris is about the best hand porter out there, I've never seen an MHS head so I can't say much.

I use Livernois due to communication and speed but Ron at Fox Lake is basically the best in the business.

GodStang

Established Member
I actually work at livernois and know a few friends that run our heads. Never heard a bad thing about any of our head work.

Also have a friend that’s getting a shortblock built by mhs, so far he’s pleased as they’re communicating well. He’s already about 1-2 weeks past the original build date goal but just about every engine shop misses deadlines lol.

Whoever you use just make sure they are known in the modular world. These heads are intricate.

Did not know you work there! Any chance you can get GT500 heads without a core?

dan_dmg_gt01

Established Member

Other than the couple week extra lead time on getting my heads back, I haven't had problems with MHS. Granted this was a few years ago. Usually emailed back within the day, phone calls were hit or miss. I think they are partners or owned by Excessive racing.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
After dealing with multiple failures with local head shops I shipped mine off to Livernois and had a good experience. They cost a fair amount more than local shops but its worth it. I tried calling Fox lake for price comparisons but could never get a hold of anyone so used Livernois. I hear they're both great at what they do.

Users who are viewing this thread