Monthly car-care checklist

99p1scGT

Market Maurader
Established Member
Hey all!

I am pretty new to SVTP (outside of the market) and i was hoping someone might be able to help me out. I just purchased a built Mach 1 a few weeks ago and i want to make sure that i take care of it, in every way that it needs care. This is my second mustang and after i watched my first GT deteriorate, i want to make sure i get it exactly right this time.

So, on to my question. Could anyone post what their weekly/monthly/annual car maintenance checklist is? something i could go through every so often to ensure that i am doing all in my power to keep the car looking and running like new. It is not that i do not have a good idea about what needs to be done, but more that i want to make sure im doing everything right and not skipping over anything.

Special notes to be made about the car:
5.0 stroker motor with stage 3 heads and head cooling mod,
Built IRS (side note, has clunk coming from Diff. Anyone have an idea as to what it is?)
Fully built MM front suspension

Please post all info you deem notable! I am looking for everything from tire pressure once a month to a good clay bar every so often and the obvious oil change.

Thanks!
- Dan

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Does the rear end clunk all the time? Only when shifting fast? Or when you are in too high of Gear?

99p1scGT

Market Maurader
Established Member
don't rag it out....
is your Mach1 a DD?

Yes, for the time being the Mach is my DD

Does the rear end clunk all the time? Only when shifting fast? Or when you are in too high of Gear?

It clunks when i am going into gear or if i have been sitting in neutral for awhile sometimes it will clunk when i try to put it into 1st. other than that its pretty much when the load is put on to the differential. what i mean by that is if i dont have my foot on the gas and the gears are slowing the car down and then i push down the gas, the rear end clunks. any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread