more Cobra resto!

01SVT2894

Established Member
Looks great so far...

thank you!

guys, did some more work last night and this morning, had the windshield replaced...

i installed a front license plate bracket, i installed new mirrors, and new lower window trim on the doors... also, installed two brand new exterior door handles... right now, the windshield trim is drying. when the car was repainted, all the trim was painted too... ugly. so, since the window trim was already off the car, i decided to sand it down, prime it and paint it. here are the pics...

93cobra79.jpg

93cobra80.jpg

93cobra81.jpg

93cobra82.jpg

93cobra83.jpg

93cobra84.jpg

93cobra85.jpg

93cobra86.jpg

93cobra87.jpg

93cobra88.jpg

93cobra89.jpg

93cobra90.jpg

93cobra91.jpg

93cobra92.jpg

93cobra93.jpg

93cobra94.jpg

93cobra95.jpg

1BAD93SVT

Established Member
that's a lot of work. good job. i know doing resto work is hard work. done it myself a few times. i need to get the moldings done on my 93 also. luckily i have the upper over the door windows already. but its a pita to remove the door panels and have them tight again when reinstalling. should have done the lower trim when they were off. :bash:

for the paint. try a clay bar, scratch x and a wax. if that doesn't work. professional detailer, and/or repaint later

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
Your bumper cover looks like mine: like someone shot it with bird shot! Great restoration--mine will be next.

01SVT2894

Established Member
in that case, i wish you were closer too. :lol:

yeah, the paint is jacked up on this car. pics make it look better than it really does. i've only had the car a week and a day, and it's already done a complete 180. i'm having a blast with this car too. one day, i'll have this car looking showroom new again. can't wait.

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
in that case, i wish you were closer too. :lol:

yeah, the paint is jacked up on this car. pics make it look better than it really does. i've only had the car a week and a day, and it's already done a complete 180. i'm having a blast with this car too. one day, i'll have this car looking showroom new again. can't wait.

Hell you get the ticket i will fly out and hook the paint up no problem lol:D

Joe

cobrabc1993

Established Member
Hey your car is looking nice! just was gonna let you know, my friend had his leather redone with correct material on his teal-93, it was approx 600 to do both front seats, a little pricey, but they look showroom condition...

01SVT2894

Established Member
ouch. that is pricey. the driver seat need new foam and everything. i'll just keep my eyes peeled for a nice set of GT seats.

on another note, today i installed new headlights... tossed the crystal clear ones for a set of stock style with no amber reflectors...

before:
93cobra77.jpg

after:
93cobra101.jpg

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
ouch. that is pricey. the driver seat need new foam and everything. i'll just keep my eyes peeled for a nice set of GT seats.

on another note, today i installed new headlights... tossed the crystal clear ones for a set of stock style with no amber reflectors...

before:
93cobra77.jpg

after:
93cobra101.jpg

What did you do with the crystal ones?

Joe

Slow95Cobra

Certified in SVT by Ford
Established Member
from the looks of this after pic, your going to have some stuff for sale soon.... lol.. lookin better and better

01SVT2894

Established Member
What did you do with the crystal ones?

Joe
long story short... i just finished up an 89 GT... i got the "new" lights for Christmas from my in-laws. so, i just swapped lights on the car... the crystal ones are on the GT now.
from the looks of this after pic, your going to have some stuff for sale soon.... lol.. lookin better and better

i always have lots of stuff. see anything you want?

02JoeGhost

Boost it hard
Established Member
long story short... i just finished up an 89 GT... i got the "new" lights for Christmas from my in-laws. so, i just swapped lights on the car... the crystal ones are on the GT now.

Dam was gonna see if you wanted to part with them.Have anew sets to trade ya lol

Joe

bat-stang

The REAL Dark Knight
Established Member
I bought a set of the crystal ones from 50resto and the day after they were installed, I washed my new hood and I watched the water *trickle* into my new, 150.00 headlights. I still like them but, you know...I had to get my moneys worth. I ordered a six-set with Ford headlights. Hopefully they won't leak for a few years...Your car looks great. I like you documenting the restoration here for us. Exciting seeing something new every day/couple of days.

01SVT2894

Established Member
Dam was gonna see if you wanted to part with them.Have anew sets to trade ya lol

Joe
oh man, you don't want them... one fogs up, and there are a couple cracks... you're better off without them. :beer:

I bought a set of the crystal ones from 50resto and the day after they were installed, I washed my new hood and I watched the water *trickle* into my new, 150.00 headlights. I still like them but, you know...I had to get my moneys worth. I ordered a six-set with Ford headlights. Hopefully they won't leak for a few years...Your car looks great. I like you documenting the restoration here for us. Exciting seeing something new every day/couple of days.
excellent. glad you like it.

i don't post all the pics, so you can see them all here:
http://www.cobra-dan.com/archive93cobra.html

Users who are viewing this thread