More power with more timing?

ttk53

Established Member
How much more power will I make if I add timing to my car?

Datalogged my car this morning saw a max timing of 18.5 at 6200rpm
dyno graph red line is current set up, blue line is before 4# lower and LT

Cobra.jpg

temps after blower only got up to 108 so it isnt pulling timing.

ttk53

Established Member
what are your current mods, and what octane gas are you using?

ported eaton
2.65 upper
4# lower
LT's, O/R Prochamber, Borla catback
BAP, 60#'s Mafia set on 2
JLT RAI

93 OCT

think that about all that is need.

also old set up had about 21.5 degs

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Chances are the car might have been pulling timing. You need to find out what timing is being commanded and go from there.

rudycobra

Established Member
I'm curious too cause my tuner wouldn't go higher than 20 degrees . How much boost u seeing with that combo ? I'm 4 lb/2.9 and at 16

ttk53

Established Member
Chances are the car might have been pulling timing. You need to find out what timing is being commanded and go from there.
This was on my way to work today, it was 65 out and the temps after blower never got over 110 in that pull, did two more pulls back to back temps got up to 130 but still only saw 18.5 deg

I'm curious too cause my tuner wouldn't go higher than 20 degrees . How much boost u seeing with that combo ? I'm 4 lb/2.9 and at 16

car sees a max of 17.46 you can see it on the graph.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
4hp to 6hp if you're lucky. Now if you're on 16*'s and you're making 500hp then obviously you're not going to pick up 28hp but you'll pick up quite a bit.

I've went from 21*'s to 23*'s and picked up the 4-6hp and the same from 23*'s to 25*'s.

ttk53

Established Member
4hp to 6hp if you're lucky. Now if you're on 16*'s and you're making 500hp then obviously you're not going to pick up 28hp but you'll pick up quite a bit.

I've went from 21*'s to 23*'s and picked up the 4-6hp and the same from 23*'s to 25*'s.

going to a dyno tomorrow so we will find out. may add 3*'s to get me to 21.5-22

would like to see 525-530 out of the car, but Im going to a mustang dyno so that won't happen but I will have a before and after.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I'd go 23*'s and not look back myself. That's what I run on my 93 octane street tune and there's a ton of others that have been doing it for years without any issues at all. Let us know what you pick up and good luck.

ttk53

Established Member
Thats a lot of pulley for running 93...just saying. Might also want to verify the IAT's as well.

car sees 17.5 psi max, car has differnet rotors (my buddy works for eaton), also I have a killer chiller going on next week once it gets here.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
car sees 17.5 psi max, car has differnet rotors (my buddy works for eaton), also I have a killer chiller going on next week once it gets here.

Lucky dog, logged mine recently I'm @ 21* with 93 octane no I'll effects. Seems like yours is commanding 18.5-19* considering the outside air temps you logged at. 17.5psi on the eaton is nice with IAT's @ 110, nicely done

ttk53

Established Member
I'd like to know what is different about these rotors.

everytime i post this people ask lol. They are the rotors that where going to go into the blowers in the ford adrenalin. That was untill ford canned putting the blown 4.6 in them. There have more twist and were kind of a stepping stone on the way to the TVS blower. My buddy calls them hybrid rotors.

When my car was the 2.65 upper only dave guy at SGS now DGR was really impressed with how the rotors held boost up top, said the iat2 never went over 110.

getting the killer chiller just to make sure eveything stays nice and cool. would like to make a 10 sec eaton pass.

Car trapped 98.25 in the 1/8th but only pulled 122 in the 1/4 Car just doesnt have it up top I hope adding some timming and keeping it cool will get me a few mph. Then I just have to take my skirt off and luanch the bitch

few passes [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkTSCn-EF3g"]Ttk53 04 Cobra few 1/4 mile passes - YouTube[/nomedia]

yes it almost stalled on the first pass I was not used to track prep and a sticky tire.

Last edited:

ttk53

Established Member
So where can I get a set ? Lol

After I get a 10 sec pass you can buy mine when I go whipple. That proably the only way you could get them, lol. I know most of the sets went to Jaguar racing teams. It took him some time to track my set down, then I drove up to eaton,and we coated and installed them.

Users who are viewing this thread