More Spy Shots - They Say it's a 2019 GT350?

paluka21

Established Member
Wouldn't call a transmission a complete update to a model. SVT was absorbed into Ford Performance along with the RS division, so essentially it's all the same. I can't recall one singe model (be it SVT, Ford Performance, whatever) that was built for one model year just prior to a major model change.

If you think about it, a 2018 and 2019 GT500 would be much like the 2013/2014 before the last change.

What are the current chances of a 2018 GT500? Slim to none.
I doubt Ford will release a 2018 GT350 -and- a 2018 GT500.

DepWraith

Established Member

True, but that was just a dressed up GT with GT40 heads on the same 5.0 block, with slightly bigger brakes and minor suspension mods.

I would say the difference from a 93 Cobra (235hp) and a 93 GT (205hp) and the difference between the next GT500 (north of 662hp) and current GT (460) will be quite different and quite extensive for a one year run. Don't forget that 1993 was the first year of SVT and they need to get a model out.

johnkn

Established Member
Will someone reach through my phone right now and pimp slap me for waisting all this time on speculation threads!?!

There's a lot of that going around. I was going to purchase a new GT350R then decided to wait for the 'upcoming' announcement on the new GT500. Apparently THAT was a mistake..... What I take from all this is that we might be 500 days away from actually driving a new GT500...

DepWraith

Established Member
Recent spy pics include front 305mm tires (only found on 350R...which by the splitter is not the R) and front fender vents (both naked and covered pics exist). These were explained as a Mach or whatever for MY18...which isn't in order banks and would be since they are minor upgrades. Logically this would imply they belong to the GT500 (especially with the very noticeable center bump in hood and the much larger carbon fiber wing seen on the camo model). Don't think for once that these spy pic vehicles are actually accidentally photographed; Ford has plenty of testing grounds to not be seen and they often do that to generate speculation to see what fans want.

I still think there will be an announcement with a fall ordering date given.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Hard to say. They have only really been around two and a half years. Lets say the Ford GT, with it's DCT. But if Ford wants to really compete with the other guys, the 10 speed will help in a big way.
I totally agree Jeff. IMO a 10-speed is a must going forward for better/optimal track performance.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't see how Ford wouldn't offer the 10 speed as an option on the new GT500?
The competitors are and have been doing it. I bet they would sell a lot of them as well.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'll believe it when I see it, but I do hope it does and it is a V8. I want a Raptor badly for my next truck, but I will not purchase it with that stupid little V6 in it.

Oh come on.

giphy.webp

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
My stupid little v6 develops over 500 hp/tq and runs my SCrew down the 1/4 mile in 12.98 @ 103, is a blast to drive, and tows effortlessly with nothing but bolt-ons and a tune; it's a real shit box.

I'll believe it when I see it, but I do hope it does and it is a V8. I want a Raptor badly for my next truck, but I will not purchase it with that stupid little V6 in it.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I think posters are forgetting that the next gen is slated to arrive in 2020, which is a '21 model year. We still have a '19 and '20 to go for the s550.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread