More Spy Shots - They Say it's a 2019 GT350?

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
^^ What is the extent of your understanding of the Coyote?

You might be the only person ive ever heard say that the platform is limited and not suitable for high HP.

Could be wrong, but aren't the Coyote heads superior to the Condor or Trinity motors? The cubic inches are not that great of a difference to be a detriment to what a blown coyote can put down.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Could be wrong, but aren't the Coyote heads superior to the Condor or Trinity motors? The cubic inches are not that great of a difference to be a detriment to what a blown coyote can put down.
Yes and no. Coyote heads do flow more but ported Ford GT heads (on GT500) can be made to flow same and have more volume so can be better for boost.
I don't mind the Coyote displacement as boosted motors love RPM
-J

Fourcam380

Established Member
Heads become less relevant when FI is part of the equation. Any design flaws like shrouded valves, small valve and curtain area, bad port angles are quickly mitigated along with and up to actual casting imperfections.
NA the heads dictate potential peak HP. Intake, cams, exhaust etc determine at what rpm and how much of that potential is ultimately tapped.
FI ultimate potential is dictated by the displacement or size of the blower or turbo(s) not the heads or even the engine. With boost the only task the engine really has is to hold the power not make it. Some great boosted engines were total NA dogs i.e. any mod motor. Going the other way with it a 8.0l W16 4v minus the turbos and with higher comp pistons only made 620-625hp but made 1000hp+ with oem pump gas boost. NA W12 was a horrific dog but the latest TT DI version will bang out 800hp crank Ecu only safely on pump gas.

R-CODE

Established Member
From SEMA.

i-MxWTbck-X4.jpg

This is the ’19 Shelby GT350 caught running the streets of Dearborn, Michigan.

Ford will update the GT350, following the facelifted ’18 Mustang line and the upcoming GT500. But this heavily camouflauged prototype was caught testing with the Porsche 911 GT3, suggesting a boost in performance abilities.

The GT350 already comes with a 5.2L V8 with 526hp, but Ford could upgrade that a bit. A six-speed manual is likely to remain the only transmission. Settings from the Track Package or GT350R may also make their way onto the standard car. New styling tweaks will also be part of the update.

Expect to see the ’19 GT350 next spring.

i-3LCrpZF-X4.jpg

Photo credit: Brian Williams, SpiedBilde
From SEMA.

i-MxWTbck-X4.jpg

This is the ’19 Shelby GT350 caught running the streets of Dearborn, Michigan.

Ford will update the GT350, following the facelifted ’18 Mustang line and the upcoming GT500. But this heavily camouflauged prototype was caught testing with the Porsche 911 GT3, suggesting a boost in performance abilities.

The GT350 already comes with a 5.2L V8 with 526hp, but Ford could upgrade that a bit. A six-speed manual is likely to remain the only transmission. Settings from the Track Package or GT350R may also make their way onto the standard car. New styling tweaks will also be part of the update.

Expect to see the ’19 GT350 next spring.

i-3LCrpZF-X4.jpg

Photo credit: Brian Williams, SpiedBilde
I have a video of this car followed it from Ford Performance to Dearborn Product & Development. I didn’t hear no blower whine but he kept RPM low.
We were told at the plant that we are to be building a “Green” car and I’m not talking Energi.

GOTTI

Last edited by a moderator:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I have a video of this car followed it from Ford Performance to Dearborn Product & Development. I didn’t hear no blower whine but he kept RPM low.
We were told at the plant that we are to be building a “Green” car and I’m not talking Energi.

GOTTI
Ecoboost V8 sounds 'green' to me :)
What's 'green' car in production speak?
-J

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Trinity motor has been dead for 4 years. No way it ends up in the new car if that car is ever produced. If we see another GT500, it'll have a version of the Ford GT's ecoboost. Far less powerful than cross town rival Dodge(HC and Demon), and about even with the current ZL1. That's is my opinion. I'll take the more powerful V8's.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member

GOTTI

Factory E85-capable Mustang would be pretty badass. It's not like they haven't toyed with the technology before. Demon has high-octane tune available but I think factory E85 capable with a sensor that automatically changes up the tune would be pretty damn cool. That's wild speculation on my part, btw...

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Factory E85-capable Mustang would be pretty badass. It's not like they haven't toyed with the technology before. Demon has high-octane tune available but I think factory E85 capable with a sensor that automatically changes up the tune would be pretty damn cool. That's wild speculation on my part, btw...

SuperStallion?

Zemedici

Established Member

factory cars can support E85 with tuning, as can GT350s

grd951

Established Member
True, but that was just a dressed up GT with GT40 heads on the same 5.0 block, with slightly bigger brakes and minor suspension mods.

I would say the difference from a 93 Cobra (235hp) and a 93 GT (205hp) and the difference between the next GT500 (north of 662hp) and current GT (460) will be quite different and quite extensive for a one year run. Don't forget that 1993 was the first year of SVT and they need to get a model out.

1993 cobra was a 235 horse compared to a 225. The bigger brakes up front we're there but it also had rear discs. Bumpers, skirts, spoiler, and grill were different and I do believe the shiv absorbers were different as well along with a few different interior touches.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

1971mach1

Established Member
I also think that means another Bullitt car. I unfortunately will be waiting for a new movie as well, one that has to have Charger back off so it doesn't run away from the green mustang as in the original movie.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Yes, but that wasn't SVT specific.

We saw a Carry-Over of the 93 Cobra into the 94-95 Cobra. We then saw a Carry-Over of the 96-98 Cobra into the 99/01 Cobra (more or less).

Kinda the same thing with the 11-12 GT500.

Ford likes to roll out cosmetics before engineering changes. With the big Electric Announcement, I bet we see a lot of the V8 development come to a screeching halt.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I thought the same. I really hope you're wrong, I can't stand the idea of a "Bullitt", its a stupid money grab like a Transformers edition camaro.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

As long as it actually offers something.

It would be nice to see a Green GT with maybe some GT350 Suspension/Brake Parts and unique interior upgrades.

9838f854cfcf069c69626a0c58b7f949.jpg

I was still hoping for a Mach 1. Would be crazy if they did a Coyote with A10 and a SRA.

Users who are viewing this thread