more spy shots

Black86

Established Member
Gen 3 Lightning part deux..

Ford rethinks big-block V-8 plan

Declining pickup sales and soaring gasoline prices are threatening Ford Motor Co.'s big-block V-8 engine program. Ford told suppliers last week to stop work on a 6.2-liter V-8 engine that had been scheduled to go into the F-series pickup as early as next year, sources told Automotive News. [SUB] 12:01 am U.S. ET | June 23

http://www.autonews.com/

Who will buy the overpriced slow ass Raptor now?

Doesn't matter anyway since they shitcanned it... Toyota must be laughing..:nonono:

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I doubt it. At this point, there's so much development into the motor that they might as well go ahead with it.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Gen 3 Lightning part deux..

http://www.autonews.com/

Who will buy the overpriced slow ass Raptor now?

Doesn't matter anyway since they shitcanned it... Toyota must be laughing..:nonono:

Dude, just stop posting.

Overpriced? You have absolutely no ****ing clue how they will price it.

Shitcanned? You don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Again, just stop posting.

Black86

Established Member
Dude, just stop posting.

Overpriced? You have absolutely no ****ing clue how they will price it.

Shitcanned? You don't know what the **** you're talking about.

Again, just stop posting.

If it has a 320 horse 5.4 it's overpriced.

It's been rumored that the Raptor will not be cheap.

With it's suspension and everything else I don't how it will be any less than a HD or a King Ranch truck.

And I'll post as much as I feel like, I'm pissed, without the Boss what are they going to put it in then? Why don't you tell us? Am I supposed to just keep silent and enjoy seeing Ford continually cancel the good stuff?

If it wasn't for angry Ford fans, the Mustang would have gone FWD in the late 80's, just remember that.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
If it has a 320 horse 5.4 it's overpriced.

It's been rumored that the Raptor will not be cheap.

With it's suspension and everything else I don't how it will be any less than a HD or a King Ranch truck.

And I'll post as much as I feel like, I'm pissed, without the Boss what are they going to put it in then? Why don't you tell us? Am I supposed to just keep silent and enjoy seeing Ford continually cancel the good stuff?

If it wasn't for angry Ford fans, the Mustang would have gone FWD in the late 80's, just remember that.

You don't know what the **** you're talking about. It's not going to have a 320 hp 5.4.

Of course it's not going to be cheap. Neither was a Lightning.

Did they cancel the Boss? No. They are scaling it back and not putting it in some things they were going to put it in before. The truth is you, Autoblog, or any other person 500 miles from the situation doesn't know jack about what is going on.

What do you care anyways? You say the idea is stupid because it's an overpriced slow ass Raptor, then you say you're pissed because Ford cancels the good stuff. Well which is it? Is the car stupid or are you pissed because they canceled something you want?

Believe me, someone from SVT is going to read this thread, and I'm going to tell you what they are thinking: Why God Why, did I have to come to work for this division that builds vehicles for hillbilly ****ing morons with an IQ somewhere between "Rock" and "special ed". They want the opposite of whatever they get. Bitch about the weak IRS in the 03, put in the SRA in the 05 and it's shit. Want a 5.4 in the 05, get one, and it's a piece of shit. Hate Carroll Shelby, car was going to be identical regardless of licensing deals for the name. An off-road truck is stupid, OH MY GOD ASSHOLES CANNED IT!

Say hi.

You are just assuming.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread