Morimoto Led fogs

Zemedici

Established Member
Morimoto has been an industry leader in automotive lighting for ages, rest assured you don’t hang around in automotive by being mediocre. They make good stuff. Buy with confidence

04torchred

Established Member
As far as I know morimoto does not make a fog assembly that directly fits the 03-04 Cobra. If these are the marauder lights I have tried them and confirmed with morimoto they do not fit.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
I have them and as @Zemedici said they are top notch in terms of quality and build construction.

Pretty simple installation as well. Just remove the brackets that come with the Morimoto, if any, and use black adhesive sealant to mount them into your OEM clear, plastic fog housings. Let them cure for 24 hours and mount them up, adjust them, and enjoy.

Edit, those brackets that come from a m they might bolt right up you never know. I bought mine off of eBay and the brackets were meant for a Mercury Marauder.

Last edited:

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
They sure look like the bolt right up when looking at the picture.i just took mine apart and it looks similar

I'm going to order them and I'll report back as to fitment and being a direct bolt on or not.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
They sure look like the bolt right up when looking at the picture.i just took mine apart and it looks similar

I'm going to order them and I'll report back as to fitment and being a direct bolt on or not.

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

Curious as to what you find. Was looking at doing the same, and the AM page makes it seem like they bolt right up but I don't trust them a whole lot.

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Following - I seen them as well yesterday, if they fit I'll be ordering a set. Next in line would be projector headlights.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
hope they work, if so I'll be ordering some to put into my 99/01 cobra bumper, not too hard to make terminator fogs fit

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
i have them on my F150. excellent product

How wide are they? Any chance youycoukd measure them? I have considered grabbing a pair of the F150 style and trying to mount them in my 94-98 Cobra fog brackets. The F150 lights look close.

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
How much are the adapters? I'd like to see something for the 94-98s.

the 98 Cobras have a way different mounting system all together. I doubt that what I currently have would be a good solution for you. It would be interesting to see if how the stock fog light mounting points match up with the Morimoto fog - it may be a simple swap.

I'll need to find a cheap 98 Cobra fog light to see if I can test it out.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
the 98 Cobras have a way different mounting system all together. I doubt that what I currently have would be a good solution for you. It would be interesting to see if how the stock fog light mounting points match up with the Morimoto fog - it may be a simple swap.

I'll need to find a cheap 98 Cobra fog light to see if I can test it out.

Yes they definitely mount differently. I doubt it would be a simple swap.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I have had them for a couple weeks. They look great, seem high quality, easy to adjust, BUT I don’t feel they make a world of difference. More of an aesthetic difference.
160wyrq.jpg

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
I have had them for a couple weeks. They look great, seem high quality, easy to adjust, BUT I don’t feel they make a world of difference. More of an aesthetic difference.
View attachment 1555415
I had 55 watt hid for fog lights ....they were brighter than my headlights.
The housings were all messed up... the glass was f..... Up bad and pitted.

I also hate the chrome look so I'll give these a try. How is the fit require modifications?

Been wanting to do a headlight retrofit....

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
I had 55 watt hid for fog lights ....they were brighter than my headlights.
The housings were all messed up... the glass was f..... Up bad and pitted.

I also hate the chrome look so I'll give these a try. How is the fit require modifications?

Been wanting to do a headlight retrofit....

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple
You can purchase a bolt on assembly through black flames custom for a few bucks more than you would pay for a Morimoto LED kit AND stock replacement housings. Regardless, the stock morimoto will not bolt up, the mounting bracket needs modified or guts transplanted into stock housings.

2004cobra615

sssvtsnake
Established Member
You can purchase a bolt on assembly through black flames custom for a few bucks more than you would pay for a Morimoto LED kit AND stock replacement housings. Regardless, the stock morimoto will not bolt up, the mounting bracket needs modified or guts transplanted into stock housings.
Any how to thread with he transplant?

2004 Cobra 2.9 Whipple

Users who are viewing this thread