Most Outrageous BS Car Story...

Marc

Established Member
Thought this might be fun.

Put up a story that someone told you about his/her car that was so outrageous, it had you almost bursting out in laughter in front of the person telling you the story.

This happened to me recently.

I was at a Cars & Coffee and this guy had a 88 Foxbody Vert. He proceeded to tell me and my friend that it ran 10s in the quarter. Looked under the hood and it was bone stock except for some aftermarket headers. :lol: I had to literally bite my tongue. :lol: Thing is, the guy wasn't that young, probably in his low-mid 30s.

So lets hear your stories...

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Probably meant to say 10s in the 1/8

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
Neighbor's 16 year old kid was trying to tell me he dropped 2 seconds off his quarter mile times in his stock Colbalt (the non supercharged version) by installing a short throw shifter.

Met a bullshitter one day that told me his advise to his son was to run drag radials at the track, dropped his quarter mile times from 13's to 9's. What ever dude, I walked away.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
We had a guy start hanging out with us. He owned a bone stock POS fox body. The stories ranged from it having a cam to doing 10 seconds in the quarter mile. I think he moved to Texas. Before he left he told us he was going to be sponsored and make $1000 everytime he made a pass down the strip. There used to be a video of him on youtube under Hayabusa. That was his screen name on our local forum.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
Not really a story, but we've got a guy running around here with a stock S197 4.6 with vanity plates that read "10 SEC QTR". Right, I'm sure that axle back you put on there added about 250 hp. :nonono:

And plenty of Fobras.

A kid I went to college with told me his regular Cavalier with a fart can on it was a 12 second car.

wieduwilt

"30 clips in a mag"
Established Member
That guy on YouTube talking about his 7.5" pistons in his V6 that runs a 12 flat quarter. After that he was talking about putting twins on it along with a supercharger and a 200 on top of that. Good stuff!

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
This for sale ad on a local Mustang Facebook page comes to my mind..
32E8371C-0C5C-4EBA-A190-61C97666BBF9-186-0000000ABD31578D_zpsbcc4e2c2.jpg

5766AE2D-36C3-45B3-9D74-3D1843E8DBF0-186-0000000AC2E7F05A_zpsa2028fa8.jpg

big dad

Established Member
Well Mark I have one from many years ago that's more funny then BS.
Back in the mid 70's my friend Marv Novy and I were downtown at the local meeting spot for people cruising. Incidentally Marv was killed in 79 in a motorcycle accident, but I digress.
Anyway, we were bench racing with a few other fellas and one of them was a guy we called Junior. Juniors dad had his own auto repair business, but Junior was not to mechanically inclined. His dad had put a small block Chevy in Juniors car, a 64 Chevy II as I recall, and the kid would wail the shit outta of it constantly.
My friend Marv asked Junior how tight he was twisting the ears on it and he said he didn't know. Naturally, Marv said "Well how do you know when to shift"? Juniors answer was, "Thats easy, I just watch the oil pressure gauge".

Marv, "The oil pressure gauge"?
Junior, "Ya, when the oil pressure drops I shift".

I thought we were gonna have to take Marv to the hospital because he was laughing so hard he couldn't catch his breath.

Junior couldn't understand what was so funny. True story.

TurboBird

Boost Junkie
Established Member
honestly.. too much to list Marc. Usually from the old guys. Im too nice to correct unless they are being a ****. Let them dream their crap.

oldmodman

Established Member
I once heard this guy telling a crowd of attentive listeners that he had a jet powered motorcycle and that it would run over 250 miles per hour. And that he would be bringing out the next weekend.

He did.

It was.

Jay Leno at the Rock Store.

It was awesome.

Yes, I know, not BS and not a car

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
[youtube_browser]NfqPIRoSHzc[/youtube_browser]

/thread

That is obviously a staged interview, but funny as hell. Classic! I can only imagine what people walking by, and overhearing some of the conversation, were thinking. :lol1:

LUBaseball2

Established Member
About 9 or 10 years ago a buddy and myself stopped by a local car meet that was being held on a Saturday night over in Manassas, VA. We were leaving the parking lot probably around 10 or 11pm and saw a brand spanking new Z06 behind us. I was driving a piece of crap so I just pull out all nice and easy because we were making a left turn onto a highway. So we pull out and the guy in the corvette guns it and trys to take the right lane of the two way highway and he doesn't make the turn hits an embankment flips the car then gets out and starts running leaving his gf in the car. We turned around and as we pull back up his gf has got out of the car crying and he was probably about 300 yards away running in a field. The cops ended up calling in the dogs and dragged his ass out of the field. I thought it was pretty funny to witness the whole thing

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread