Motor Done?

Adower

Established Member
Little help please: Last week I was driving my cobra and noticed that it was running super hot (not sure how long it was running hot). As soon as I noticed I pulled over and when I got out I saw coolant everywhere. Ended up getting the vehicle towed to my house. The radiator ended up having a crack in it. Got my replacement radiator today. Buttoned everything up and went to start the vehicle. This is what I hear. I have no idea what the noise is. However, it is only coming from the passenger side. The car will barely idle and when you give it gas it seems to shake really bad. Anyone care to chime in?

Trying to get video to load.

Wynn

Wants 11's
Established Member
First I'd unplug the coil packs and blow everything out with electric cleaner; leaking radiator may have soaked them down.

Adower

Established Member
put the video on youtube and link it.

hopefully something just got wet
Great idea. Got it to upload. At around 17/18 sec mark you can hear a little bit of a knock if you turn the volume up. Additionally, you can hear the weird whistling going on.

Adower

Established Member
First I'd unplug the coil packs and blow everything out with electric cleaner; leaking radiator may have soaked them down.
Ill try that but I don't think anything got wet. The radiator had a big crack in the bottom right corner. After I pulled over and popped the hood I didn't see any coolant on the top of the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread