Motor Mount Questions

jman37

Established Member
Been trying to track down an issue that I have while getting on it in 1-3rd and finally found it. Passenger side motor mount is completely cracked in half and the driver side is on its way, so they'll be getting changed to some poly's. They're either original or changed but are still rubber.

I have a tubular k member, are these easy to change? Any tips/tricks? Looking online I've read they're either easy or hard on a 4v, but maybe hard due to having the stock style k member in? Just looking for insight before I tackle them this weekend.

Chip Schweiss

Established Member
I can't say specifically for your 97 Cobra, but it's still technically a Foxbody. I last change the motor mounts on an '89 GT.

It's fairly easy if you have a cherry picker to support the engine. It can be done in about an hour. Just lift the motor about an inch or two and they can be swapped right out.

Alternative you might be able to lift the motor with a floor jack, but that risks denting the oil pan.

shurur

Established Member
After trying this for a bit, I found it easier to just drop the k member and put the things in.

Users who are viewing this thread