Motor problems

T davis

Established Member
I’ve got a low mile stock 04 motor with turbo cams and arp bolts. Just put twin 64’s with a th400. Car made good power 900rwhp with 24psi. Ran out of c02 taking it down the rd for the first time. Car was only running off the gates. So 17psi and 755hp. On the first pull down the road. Car cut off and when trying to recrank a rod starts knocking. Worst luck ever. I hope I didn’t grenade the motor. Any suggestions?

OSU34

Established Member
A knocking sound could be a lot of things. Before you centralize it to the rod I’d start crossing things off the list. Just a few easy ideas that you could start with (if you haven’t done so already): Run a compression test, drain the oil and inspect it for anything abnormal, check the plugs and make sure those check out.
Once you have a baseline of where the car sits with facts and numbers, it’ll be a lot easier for everybody to give their educated opinion. It’s hard to make assumptions on just a “knocking” sound. I hope for your sake it’s not a rebuild, sounds like a badass car you got to enjoy for too little of time.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
A compression test will not tell you if you hurt a bearing .
Reading plugss will not tell you if you hurt a bearing .

The only advise that was given , that will even come close to telling you if you hurt a bearing , is the oil .

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
A compression test will not tell you if you hurt a bearing .
Reading plugss will not tell you if you hurt a bearing .

The only advise that was given , that will even come close to telling you if you hurt a bearing , is the oil .
It's VERY unlikely it knocked a bearing out, I'd bet piston well before a bearing. A compression test will tell you that which is why I advised it.

Users who are viewing this thread