Motor Trend comparison...

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
These are the same people who said the ridge line was truck of the year.

I think they said the raptor beat the other two by fifteen minutes in one test yet complained it does not go fast off road.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Not surprised. The Raptor was built for the Baja. I'm sure the RAM and ZR2 would have sucked there.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Not surprised. The Raptor was built for the Baja. I'm sure the RAM and ZR2 would have sucked there.

I figured with the longest travel suspension and biggest tire sidewall that it'd soak up the potholes and whatnot just fine? Eh, can't win them all I suppose. I have a neighbor around the corner who has a new ZR2 and it's a looker. Could use slightly larger tires however.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I'd still buy the raptor first.

Me too! lol.

Also, I really do wonder what pressure they were running in the Raptor's tires. The door says 38, but they come from the factory with 50psi in them. If they didn't air them down that would cause them to bounce a lot more on washboards and kick the rear end out.

When I'm offroading I actually take my tires down to about 25 for High speed desert runs, 22 for general trail purposes, and 18 for playing in the sand dunes.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
That's a change from Gen1. My door says 44 PSI. I wonder why they went lower.

I have no idea. I do know that my truck rode like absolute SHIT until I figured out they have 50psi in them from the factory. lol. I lowered it and it makes all the difference in the world. From what I'm reading, the Raptor Assault engineers are saying to actually run them at 36 for the best feel and handling on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread