Motorcycle trip: Hocking Hills

WarNipple

Established Member
My wife and I, buddy and his wife, and another buddy go to Hocking Hills with the bikes a couple times a year and stay in cabins. This was the first time this year and we had a blast as always. We rode through about 40 minutes of a good downpour around Columbus on Friday, and it rained a good portion of the weekend but we did find time to put a little over 300 miles on the bikes while we were there. Got a chance to test out the new camera, the vholdr HD.

Here's a pic of the cabin:
cabinbackleft.jpg

and a little video of us having some fun on the roads:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sO87Kq2_K0"]YouTube- 89 and 84 Yamaha FJ chased by 01 Yamaha FZ1[/nomedia]

My buddy Dave had a rough time while we were there. We stopped on the side of the road to smoke a cigarette before we even checked in to our cabin and his foot slipped on gravel getting off the bike and he dumped it. Couple minor scratches nothing serious. Later that day he went to fast into a turn and freaked out standing the bike up and flying off the side of the road into grass.

Caught it on video:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRRE4YOVFwo"]YouTube- Off-road Dave[/nomedia]

Then on the next day we went horseback riding and his horse slipped and fell in mud hahah. Everyone got home safe and sound so it was a victory. Awesome time down there if any of you haven't been there. Roads are beautiful and the scenery is unbelievable. It's very weird to see a different world in the state of Ohio where most of use are used to seeing flat boring land. Got a chance to try out my new Michelin power 2CT's also and boy did they feel great. They even performed great in the rain believe it or not.

If anyone is wondering, camera bike is me on 2001 Yamaha FZ1, the dark blue bike is a 1989 Yamaha FJ 1200 and the red bike is a 1984 Yamaha FJ 1100.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread