Motortrend: 2014 Corvette tested

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
It is going to be a great platform. Can't wait to see what the Z models will do :)

Crowley

younggun04

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I don't mind it, but the C6 Z06 and ZR1 look WAY better IMO. No doubt it will be a great car but in the looks department its a downgrade.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Awesome video! In terms of the front/mid-side/front-side/interior/motor/hood there isn't anything out there I like more than this Vette. Gorgeous car. However, the rear and rear-side of the car are design element are just something I struggle with. That said, I admit that if I could afford the '14 Vette, it would be absolutely #1 on my list. There is no other car I want more than this one.

6.0GTO

Established Member
I guess the steering wheel is already setup for a PDK style transmission when it arrives. As far as straight line acceleration that is going to be the slowest model you can get I am guessing. I want to know what a base model will do. With Livernois getting 20whp with a tune on the 5.3 truck I wonder if they can match or even better that figure on the Corvette. I have yet to read a bad review. Even the guys on Viper alley for the most part like it.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I guess the steering wheel is already setup for a PDK style transmission when it arrives. As far as straight line acceleration that is going to be the slowest model you can get I am guessing. I want to know what a base model will do. With Livernois getting 20whp with a tune on the 5.3 truck I wonder if they can match or even better that figure on the Corvette. I have yet to read a bad review. Even the guys on Viper alley for the most part like it.

Both of the big tuners in the LSx world (HP tuners and EFI live) have cracked the tuning nut, can't wait to see what they can ring out of this new LT motor.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
For $69,000.00 it better win every race, she's sounds like a performer though. Not so sure about the ass end.

03cobraFL

Established Member
Love it! Can't wait to see one in person. The interior quality is so refreshing. No more cheap plastic material like in the C6.

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Still can't get pass the rearend and the interior isn't doing it for me, not sure what it is about the interior but I just don't like it. I am however impressed with some of the tech features it comes with.

heypal

What? Where am I?
Established Member
That's the road up to Laguna seca so hopefully we'll get some times in on their next episode.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Nice. Price as tested, $68k? Holy crap, it's not even a vert!

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
I'm sure the zo6 and zr1 models will make the car look even better, with bigger tires out back and maybe wider fenders. They're going to be track monsters too, cant wait.

GTpower01

Established Member
as the performance with the Z51 and interior may be better... I still love the looks of the exterior of the old ZR1 better!!! imo

Users who are viewing this thread