Mountain bike shopping

Ginsu

Established Member
When I was in the Marines I had a Specialized bike that was most excellent for my own individual PT (also fun to get around on), but sold years ago. Now I am out and while trying to keep in shape, by running but having a painful time since my knees are shot, I need to do something different. So I am ready to buy another one and looking for recommendations.

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
What's your budget? What type of riding do you do? What type of trails? Are you looking for a hardtail or full suspension?

go here
http://forums.mtbr.com/index.php?
There's a forum dedicated to "what bike to buy"

I'm currently saving up for a full suspension bike around 1100 bucks and I'm debating between the Jamis Dakar Sport, Kona DawgMatic, Kona Kikapu, or Giant Nrs3.

PM me with more specific questions or register in the link ^^ and post away.

Ginsu

Established Member
LBguy, sorry about the delay in replying. I am looking at staying under a $1000 (but I am not really sure what they cost now) and will probably mostly be on the street. Since I live in a metro area, probably the only time I can get off road is on the weekends. And I am not familiar with what you mean by hardtail (but guessing that is with out suspension).

Thanks both of you guys, I will checkout the website mentioned.

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
I have a 99 Specialized FSR ! Full Suspension Mountain Bike. I never get to ride it anymore ! :( ! I can send ya a pic if your intrested ! Intrested at all in a Full Suspension or hard tail ?

Users who are viewing this thread