Moving a Storage Shed.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
Fellas I was wondering if any of you have ever relocated or re-positioned a storage shed on your property and if so how you went about it. I have an 8X12 that I want to move it one space over so to be able to park next to it... hopefully not destroy it in the process. Any tips or ideas would be super helpful thanks !

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Fellas I was wondering if any of you have ever relocated or re-positioned a storage shed on your property and if so how you went about it. I have an 8X12 that I want to move it one space over so to be able to park next to it... hopefully not destroy it in the process. Any tips or ideas would be super helpful thanks !

I had mine moved to the corner of my yard about two months ago. Some guy came out with some sort of inflatable hand powered dolly and made pretty short work of it. I didn’t even unload it before moving.

verbal

Established Member
I would just call a local shed company. Not worth the hassle of trying to move it yourself.

StrayBullitt

Established Member
I had mine moved to the corner of my yard about two months ago. Some guy came out with some sort of inflatable hand powered dolly and made pretty short work of it. I didn’t even unload it before moving.

Ok right on, that would be even better.. How much did they charge you? I believe mine is just on 4x4 skids.. did you do anything to prep the spot that you put it in..

Thanks for the info

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Ok right on, that would be even better.. How much did they charge you? I believe mine is just on 4x4 skids.. did you do anything to prep the spot that you put it in..

Thanks for the info

I think it was like 2 or 3 hundred dollars. My wife paid the guy. I didn’t prep anything. He took it over to the spot we wanted and leveled it. It was a much simpler task than I thought.

beau t

Established Member
A buddy of mine runs a rollback and he moves a ton of buildings you could also check with some of them local to you.

CV355

_
Established Member
I would just call a local shed company. Not worth the hassle of trying to move it yourself.

This.

The place I bought our shed from said "$200 and we'll move it anywhere on your property, re-level and install again."

Users who are viewing this thread