moving to austin april 30th, want to meet some locals

scrmngyellow

Established Member
hey guys, came up this past weekend and got an apartment lined out in north Austin, and will be moving in on April 30th. want to try to get to know some locals and see some of the cool cars running around. also would like to know about up coming cruise ins and car shows after that date. thanks for any info fellas!

dablaze313

Established Member
I don't know about too many Mustang specific events in Austin, but there is some large monthly events I enjoy. There is an Austin-specific mustang forum, but it seemed pretty dead to me.

The first Sunday of every month is a car meet/show in Leander (north of Austin). It has a small town atmosphere and is normally full of nice classic cars as well as modern cars ranging from imports to muscle to exotics.

The second Sunday of each month is the official Cars and Coffee car meet which is at the Oasis on Lake Travis. This meet is much bigger than the Leander one and has a large variety of cars, including a bunch of mustangs typically (although imports and vettes are the most prevalent).

The first Thursday of each month there is a meet at Cobb Tuning which is geared toward the cars they support, but I normally go anyway since there is free food and many of my friends have imports.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with more info as I'm a student at UT so I don't know of that many events outside of the ones listed above.

scrmngyellow

Established Member
thanks for the info! I'll definetely try to make it to the first two events. I lived in Denver for a few years, and they always held cruise ins and certain sonic restaurants every friday night. Kind of want to get back into that, just hanging out and talking a bit. it was always surprising some of the cars that would come out. the info is much appreciated!

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Wife is in Austin as I type this its possible we are moving there and brininging both of our Cobras with. It will be a few more months.

scrmngyellow

Established Member
nice! let me know if you guys do come out that way, would love to hang out! were so excited to be headed down to warmer weather. At least down there the cars can be out most of the year.

sniper85

Established Member
Austin Area Stangs/AAR. We have a cruise this weekend on Sunday April the 28th to Saltlick. you can check us out on Facebook or the web. we would love to see you guys come out if you can make it. All the intell should be onFacebook or the website. Also, check out Lonestarstangs.com and they will have some links to other local forums in the area. There are also some more in Austin and San Antonio just can't think os the names.

ez112

Established Member
So did you get to meet anybody?

I'm just spectating so far. I have yet to meet anyone in Austin, but that's because my truck is sort of in need of a transmission right now. And I don't wanna hit a meet in the Mazda 3. :p

scrmngyellow

Established Member
hey guys, thanks for keeping tabs on this thread. sorry I haven't had a chance to get back to you in a while. we got here on tuesday the 30th and are finally getting settled into our apartment. Looks like tonight if the weather cools down I'll be hitting up the cobb tuning event with some friends we have down here. would love to hang out if anyone else goes. now is the leander event this upcoming sunday? if so, I would love to go! looks like its going to be 70 and beautiful on sunday! again, thanks for keeping me informed, loving austin by the minute. too bad the cobra hasn't had a chance to get out yet and stretch its legs. Need to take it to the car wash soon. On our way up, the u haul's transmission got warm and spit out some fluid (damn thing was over full). needless to say, the oil burned on the exhaust and dotted up the front of the car a bit. got to find a good car wash later today and get it cleaned up. hope to see some of you guys soon!

BlackOutUT

Established Member
hey guys, thanks for keeping tabs on this thread. sorry I haven't had a chance to get back to you in a while. we got here on tuesday the 30th and are finally getting settled into our apartment. Looks like tonight if the weather cools down I'll be hitting up the cobb tuning event with some friends we have down here. would love to hang out if anyone else goes. now is the leander event this upcoming sunday? if so, I would love to go! looks like its going to be 70 and beautiful on sunday! again, thanks for keeping me informed, loving austin by the minute. too bad the cobra hasn't had a chance to get out yet and stretch its legs. Need to take it to the car wash soon. On our way up, the u haul's transmission got warm and spit out some fluid (damn thing was over full). needless to say, the oil burned on the exhaust and dotted up the front of the car a bit. got to find a good car wash later today and get it cleaned up. hope to see some of you guys soon!

Glad your liking Austin! Where exactly are you up North? I'd love to go to some events as well. Haven't been to any since I moved back here from Dallas about 6 months ago. You need to get out and start exploring!

dablaze313

Established Member

Yes the Leander show is this coming Sunday, May 5th. I would like to go to First Thursday tonight but it looks like I'm going to be working on a project instead.

scrmngyellow

Established Member
Well I think its a no go for us tonight. we brought Colorado weather with, sorry about that. looks like we'll be looking forward to Sunday's event instead. thought we were getting away from the cold, haha.

scrmngyellow

Established Member
Glad your liking Austin! Where exactly are you up North? I'd love to go to some events as well. Haven't been to any since I moved back here from Dallas about 6 months ago. You need to get out and start exploring!

Were off of I-35 and grand avenue parkway, rank near round rock. beautiful area.

scrmngyellow

Established Member
So did you get to meet anybody?

I'm just spectating so far. I have yet to meet anyone in Austin, but that's because my truck is sort of in need of a transmission right now. And I don't wanna hit a meet in the Mazda 3. :p

haven't met anyone yet. been trying to get settled in. hope to see as many people as I can on Sundays show when the weather cooperates a bit more.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I'm in South Austin and work up north. I was active in a Mazda group when I had my Speed3 and have been looking for an active Mustang group. Cabellas in Buda every Saturday around 7-7:30pm is a great place to go as well. Probably 200+ cars the past few times ive gone.

scrmngyellow

Established Member
hey guys, trying to keep up with this thread a little bit. guess we'll be stopping by the cruise in at twin peaks in round rock tonight. met a couple of guys from around the local areas the other day at the leander show. seems to be some pretty nice cars running around. hope to hear from more of you. I'll look into cruise in at cabella's, if there are that many cars coming it should be a blast!

Dalpilot

Established Member
Digging up an oldie. I live in Cedar Park/Georgetown area. I have hosted a few shows in the past off of 620 and Anderson mill at Saccones Pizza. If there is enough interest we could make it a monthly deal.

Andrew123654

Established Member
I live up in Killeen but I visit the parents in Georgetown almost every weekend to wash the car. Id be interested in a meet if it is on the weekends.

TaraFirma

Established Member
I live in Leander and hit up the Leander cruise each month and Cars and Coffee each month. Lots of really nice cars and people out there. Last Sunday they had The Running of the Bulls Lamborghini event out at the Oasis. That was pretty cool.

Users who are viewing this thread