Mr Clean Autodry discontinued

bakeme9699

Established Member
Since spring is here I went out to buy some refill soap and cartridges for the Mr. Clean autodry.. only to find out that it has been discontinued.

This sucks, I really liked the product. Amazon here I come.

coolcobramatt

Mystified and terminated
Established Member
Usually anything that easy for auto care isn't that good for your paint lol...I never tried that stuff though. My version of Autodry is driving down the highway at 75.

jtm

now more boost included
Established Member
check some discount stores. they'l probably show up there cheap.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I never use the soap, but the water filter part is great. It does not leave water spots at all. I picked mine up from woot for 2.99, and I guess I'll be buying a bunch of filters.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
For those of you wanting a spot-free finish I prefer to use a water filter/softener setup.

I originally used the MR Clean for the filter setup as well, but got tired of the clumsy device and the filters clogged REALLY quickly with my hard-as a rock mineral water (tons o' lime).

You can get the filters just about anywhere; everyone is about the same price. The softener cartridges are a little hard to find sometimes locally.

This setup works great... (1-filter, 1-softener) if you have hard water. If you don't have hard water, just use the filter.

Clear Inline Hose Filter Canister and Accessories

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
^ They give a guideline as to how many gallons it'll last. Varies by system size.

If you *only* used it for washing your car it will last quite a while.

StriderTacticaL

Established Member
For those of you wanting a spot-free finish I prefer to use a water filter/softener setup.

I originally used the MR Clean for the filter setup as well, but got tired of the clumsy device and the filters clogged REALLY quickly with my hard-as a rock mineral water (tons o' lime).

You can get the filters just about anywhere; everyone is about the same price. The softener cartridges are a little hard to find sometimes locally.

This setup works great... (1-filter, 1-softener) if you have hard water. If you don't have hard water, just use the filter.

Clear Inline Hose Filter Canister and Accessories

Not sure what your experiences with that autogeek water softner are but I tried it and currently still have it and it doesn't work at all. It seems to leave spots just as hard/easily as compared to if I hooked up my line directly to the spigot :(

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
^ Not sure what's up with that.

I run a filter and a softener back to back. I use a pretty "fine" filter.

My water has tons of lime in it. Lime-crystals actually (CHUNKS) along with a fair amount of silt/sand. I have to clean out my hot water heater and toilet tanks quite a bit.

The piggyback setup works well for me and I can definitely "feel" a difference in the water and the way my soaps perform (takes less) and the way the water sits on the car.

Granted, I dry immediately after I wash, I don't sit around and wait for spots to form. For me though; without it, I *always* get spots. When I use the filter/softener I get no spots :shrug:

StriderTacticaL

Established Member
The main problem I get with washing my car is not making sure I can dry it in time before spots form, but not getting all the water out of random crevaces (sp?) and corners and etc which roll out later or when I eventually drive the car. Then by the time I get to it, most of the time it already forms a mark...

97CasperCobra

Track is Crack
The main problem I get with washing my car is not making sure I can dry it in time before spots form, but not getting all the water out of random crevaces (sp?) and corners and etc which roll out later or when I eventually drive the car.

That's why I have this lil Makita blower....works great and has a rubber nozzle so you can get it right up against the paint to blow out all the water from the crevices. :thumbsup:

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
before my cobra i was driving a dakota r/t and used mr clean on it as well and it worked GREAT. drys up to a mirror finish and people thought i waxed her everyday it was so clean. naturally since the results were so good on my truck, i obviously tried it on the cobra. well the results were not near as good. it still developed water spots which are a PITA to get off so it forces me to dry it off. im thinking it does that because of the aluminum panels of the car vs the think heavy still of my truck. anyone else have that problem on their cobras?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
^ Steel vs. aluminum panels won't have any effect between your car and truck. BTW, 99% of the car is steel as well; the hood is the only panel with composite outer skin.

I dare say your truck is a light, or light-metallic color whereas your Cobra is Redfire (thus, dark) and makes the spots show up more readily.

mec03svt

SomethingVeryTechnical
Established Member
^ Steel vs. aluminum panels won't have any effect between your car and truck. BTW, 99% of the car is steel as well; the hood is the only panel with composite outer skin.

I dare say your truck is a light, or light-metallic color whereas your Cobra is Redfire (thus, dark) and makes the spots show up more readily.

my truck was red. to anyone who didnt have a clue, they would say torch red cobras and my truck were the same color. but redfire either way is darker so perhaps :shrug:. maybe its time for another sealant treatment. that might help.

Users who are viewing this thread