MS3Pro Oil Pressure sensor

TT_99Cobra

Established Member
Anyone have any idea what input to use on the auxiliary I/O harness to add a 3 wire oil pressure sensor? Or if there is a better way to log actual oil pressure within Tunerstudio?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I would think any of the digital inputs would work. I'd use 2 or 4 I think. Then power the sensor externally.

Are you going to set up the safety system?

TT_99Cobra

Established Member
I would think any of the digital inputs would work. I'd use 2 or 4 I think. Then power the sensor externally.

Are you going to set up the safety system?
That’s my plan. I really just want to be able to see actual pressure and not add another gauge inside the car. All of my digital in inputs are taken with transbrake, bump and flex. Digital in 4 doesn't show up as an option in tunerstudio for some reason.

TT_99Cobra

Established Member
Are you running a MAF sensor? If not are you using analog input 1 for anything?
No MAF. Wasn’t sure if I could use that since it says that one is defaulted to MAF even though I’m not running one. So I could use Analog 1 as signal, 5v ref for power and then sensor ground? Or do I externally power and ground?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
No MAF. Wasn’t sure if I could use that since it says that one is defaulted to MAF even though I’m not running one. So I could use Analog 1 as signal, 5v ref for power and then sensor ground? Or do I externally power and ground?
I've learned that just because it's named for something it doesn't mean it has to be used for that. Like my reverse lock out is controlled by one of the extra injector outputs.

You should be able to use the 5v and sensor ground from ECU. I didn't have luck with that and ended up externally powering everything.

Last edited:

TT_99Cobra

Established Member
I've learned that just because it's named for something means it has to be used for that. Like my reverse lock out is controlled by one of the extra injector outputs.

You should be able to use the 5v and sensor ground from ECU. I didn't have luck with that and ended up externally powering everything.
Appreciate the insight. I will give it a try this week and see how it works out.

Users who are viewing this thread