MSCv3.0 May 28 US41 Dragway

dougwg

Established Member
MSC v3.0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
WHERE: US41 Dragway 2695 W 50 S. Morocco, IN 47963 <~~~Click for map
WHEN: May 28th 8am-4pm (Races begin at 9am)
WHO: ALL FORDS WELCOME!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PRICING: Pay at the Gate = $40***, Spectators = $5 (Children = Free)

***Gates will be closing at 1pm PROMPT

GENERAL INFO AND FAQ:

Q Do I need a cage?
A NO!

Q Are we sharing the track?
A This is a PRIVATE track rental. It will only be Fords allowed to go down the 1320'

Q How many cars were there last year?
A The first one was May 29th 2004 and there were 65 cars and 80+ spectators. There was also one in October of 2004 and there were 55 cars in 40 degree overcast weather.

Q Is it like a test and tune or are there classes?
A Its basically Test N Tune, with exception of a Bracket Race with cash prizes. In May the 1st place pay out was $250!!! He wasn't even the fastest car of the day...just a very consistent driver. He paid $30 to get in and race, had some fun, and left with a profit of $220.

Q About how many passes do you think we each would get?
A As for amount of passes. We had a guy make 12 passes in the first hour...we also had a guy make about 26 passes in the afternoon alone!!! 40-50 passes are VERY possible if you really want to.

Sponsors as of 4/20/05:

BilletFlow - I will have Pulleys, Idlers, IRS braces, Boost overlays etc. Not sure how much I will be putting up for the raffle. ;-)

Stiegemeier - Ported Blower giveaway.

SuttonHP - You can win an SCT chip and they will be doing the Heads Up class I believe. There will be a cash payout.

Reichard Racing - Not sure of what all they sending, but I know they will have good stuff to win.

MGW - I believe they will have temp control knobs, shift knobs, license plate frames and more for the raffle.

Metco Motorsports - Not sure yet but it should be good.

Zone 5 Performance - MAFXtender

Precision Fabrication - Eric is sending out some of his art.

LDC - cooling mod, clutch freeplay correction kits

There might be more also... I'll check into it today and edit if necessary

I'll have my bike there... come on out and see if a Cobra can beat a fat guy on a crotchrocket :rolling:

Last edited:

Miamifan1354

De Chapter of the MACA
Established Member
There needs to be an event like this near me!!! Good luck Doug with sponsorship and everyone who races!

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Lyle, Dana, and I will be there. LDC will be contributing a cooling mod kit and a few clutch freeplay correction kits into the prize mix. Should be fun. :pepper:

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
dougwg said:
I'll have my bike there... come on out and see if a Cobra can beat a fat guy on a crotchrocket :rolling:

WHAT.....
Your going to let JB race a Cobra on your bike! :rollseyes
I so wish I was going to this event.
But with the car accident and family I'm about 3 weeks from where I need to be.

JP :beer:

dougwg

Established Member
"accident"... that really sucks :bash: :cuss:

hope everything works out.... hows the neck?

you'll have other chances to get beat by me this year ;-)

Last edited:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
Anyone dumb enough to take Doug on with his bike better have some mustard and ketchup with them. Sure makes that crow and humble pie go down easy.....

dougwg

Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:
Anyone dumb enough to take Doug on with his bike better have some mustard and ketchup with them. Sure makes that crow and humble pie go down easy.....

I'm just a fat guy with a 4 cyl

I hope someone will beat me... I think there will be pleny faster then me

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
how about adding some hotels to the first post, need someplace to park my WRX while I watch

FreSh03Gt

Established Member
postban said:
how about adding some hotels to the first post, need someplace to park my WRX while I watch

I would be watching also.... I can't launch worth a damn and i'm not ready to embarASS myself just yet.

trey193

Established Member
I'll be there and I think Wuplash is gonna bring his polished Billetflow diff cover for people to drool over!!!!

broke7

Stock IRS Guru
Established Member
doug: would love to come, but the ole drive to STL for WFC has still got me hurtin hahaha

good luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread