MSRP is upon us.

kb67

Established Member
Premium Member
The GT-500 if anything is a tribute to Carroll Shelby by Ford. Shelby American now is actually going to be doing with the KR what they should have been doing all along. Its what shelby built his name on with Ford hopping up mustangs. The price tag on a KR is going to be off the chain but at least their will be a viable reason. The value of this GT500 vs the old school Shelbys is a mute point who cares enjoy the car. If somebody buys one as a investment good luck with that.You see tributes (clones) of shelbys all the time now it takes away from the uniqueness of seeing shelbys out in the streets. Dealers are trying to clone the 07 Gt500 to make money off the hype around the car now. 20 or 30 years down the road who knows whats going to be the deal with all that.

If it was named something else it still would be a kicka** mustang
just my humble opinion
Kb67

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
If they are going to make 1000 KR's, they obviously will hold some good value over the long run. But another point to consider is how many GT500 owners will pony up for the SS package? If that number doesn't reach 1000, which will hold better value? Isn't the SS package 25K+?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
Shelby built his name winning the FIA GT3 World Championship. He sold modified mustangs to pay the bills (and didnt want to do it at first, either - but lee persisted and ol shel relented)

kb67 said:
The GT-500 if anything is a tribute to Carroll Shelby by Ford. Shelby American now is actually going to be doing with the KR what they should have been doing all along. Its what shelby built his name on with Ford hopping up mustangs. The price tag on a KR is going to be off the chain but at least their will be a viable reason. The value of this GT500 vs the old school Shelbys is a mute point who cares enjoy the car. If somebody buys one as a investment good luck with that.You see tributes (clones) of shelbys all the time now it takes away from the uniqueness of seeing shelbys out in the streets. Dealers are trying to clone the 07 Gt500 to make money off the hype around the car now. 20 or 30 years down the road who knows whats going to be the deal with all that.

If it was named something else it still would be a kicka** mustang
just my humble opinion
Kb67

venams03

Established Member
03snake said:
If they are going to make 1000 KR's, they obviously will hold some good value over the long run. But another point to consider is how many GT500 owners will pony up for the SS package? If that number doesn't reach 1000, which will hold better value? Isn't the SS package 25K+?

That's what I was thinking. The only cars that seem to have a shot at being collectable are out of reach for most people: KR and SuperSnake. I see both going for well above sticker price. The KR probably will command close to 100K and the SS doesn't seem to be much of a bargain either, especially when you consider that it doesn't even come with a warranty! I like the styling of the KR though as I think most of those cues should have made it onto the GT-500. I guess that's why I'm still not so thrilled with the 500. They lost a lot of my interest when they deviated from the prototype hood and slapped on the "FUGLY" hood.

Oh well, I'll either buy a leftover 500 at a bargain price (which I think is about a month away:pop: ) or wait to see what comes down the road

JMHCobra

Established Member
chuckstang said:
First off, no one knows what the true 07 production is yet, and they have already said, the 08 production will be less. So if they stop at 08, it is safe to say, there will be either equal or less GT500s built than Terms. They are going to name the next SVT Mustang something else, I bet you.

Interesting. The only thing I've personally heard/read about the production is that it'll be 9,000 to 10,000 units a year for three years ('07, '08, '09), and that was a press release from Ford.

Even taking the minimum of that range, that's still more than the terminators. That was the logic I used, anyways. Even if they only build 7,000 a year for three years, that's still more than the 19,440 they built in '03 and '04. They'd have to completely scrap their announced production estimates and timetables to produce less than that. Considering the popularity of these cars, I doubt they would (and here's hoping they don't, either).

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Oh well, I'll either buy a leftover 500 at a bargain price (which I think is about a month away:pop: )

ac427cobra said:
My only advice to you would be, don't hold your breath! :read:

Exactly. Thats the same story we heard a year ago when the GT500 first hit the showroom. I, like alot of other people here kept thinking this was going to be another 03/04-like hold out for MSRP and that after the new year, MSRP could be had. Not happening is it. 1 year after release, and ADM's are still here. Keep waiting. Not gonna say its never going to happen, but I'm tired of waiting. 5K over doesn't look so bad.......

ROBSNAKE

Established Member
I do think Msrp is alittle further away then most of us hoped. With that being the case mine should be in my garage tommorow at 5kover. Factoring in a little 0% is making it like 3300 over.

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
03snake said:
I'm tired of waiting. 5K over doesn't look so bad.......

I'm sorry to say but,That's just what the dealers want to hear! I'm not taking a shot at you, it's at the dealers, that's the game a lot of them are playing.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
MSRP is closer than some think. I just got an email from my salesman that sold me my '03 for MSRP. All we have to do is wait until the first '08's starting hitting the dealers floor and MSRP on the '07's will be ours.

U.M.

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
Uncle Meat said:
MSRP is closer than some think. I just got an email from my salesman that sold me my '03 for MSRP. All we have to do is wait until the first '08's starting hitting the dealers floor and MSRP on the '07's will be ours.

U.M.

At that point, how many 07's are still going to be on lots? When the 03's hit that infamous 500 below invoice, how many did we see on lots, a bunch. I don't think there are that many 07's left. somewhere around a 1000 I saw in one post. I'm not trying to defend the ADM, I hate the idea of paying it, but I got tired of hearing 10,15 and 20K over while doing the research to find one. There are alot more of those crazy prices still out there than 5K over. I don't take delivery till late Nov., if something happens by then, I'll gladly change my mine...

Last edited:

03reptile

Established Member
I obtained mine for MSRP and took delivery 06/26/2007.I was extremely fortunate in that the dealer was a personal friend with whom I'd bought all my past cars. Even with that, He sold his other three allocations at well above that and has firm deals on his upcoming 08's. It is frustrating, but its our system of supply and demand at work. I hope to see MSRP for many of you who are waiting, but my bet is that the ADMs will continue.The demand for these cars has been unprecidented over the 03/04's and due to the current strength of our economy, I fear there are many more out there who have the wherewithall to pay the ADMs. I sure hope I'm wrong. I wish all of you the best of luck in your searches. It truely is an awsome car.

chuckstang

Established Member
03snake said:
At that point, how many 07's are still going to be on lots? When the 03's hit that infamous 500 below invoice, how many did we see on lots, a bunch. I don't think there are that many 07's left. somewhere around a 1000 I saw in one post. I'm not trying to defend the ADM, I hate the idea of paying it, but I got tired of hearing 10,15 and 20K over while doing the research to find one. There are alot more of those crazy prices still out there than 5K over. I don't take delivery till late Nov., if something happens by then, I'll gladly change my mine...

I take it they did not require a non refundable deposit?

KMCBOSS

Established Member
I find it hard to believe that some of you folks are still crying about MSRP or bust. If someone can afford 45K for a car then a few K extra couldn't be that big of a financial problem. I suspect many of you guys spend more on booze, cigarettes, women and gambling a year that the ADM is worth on a Shelby.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
KMCBOSS said:
I find it hard to believe that some of you folks are still crying about MSRP or bust. If someone can afford 45K for a car then a few K extra couldn't be that big of a financial problem. I suspect many of you guys spend more on booze, cigarettes, women and gambling a year that the ADM is worth on a Shelby.

Exactly. A $5K ADM to somone writing a $50K check is chicken feed really. It's 10% :idea:

But, OTOH $5K is a lot of money if you don't have it! :read:

I can easily see both sides of the fence! :coolman:

cgjarvis

Established Member
It's also $5k more of 6% taxes I pay and its also $5k I wont get back if some drunk runs into me either. Unless I want to pay gap insurance.....

In the end its ADM + 6% + Gap for me. That adds up!!

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
KMCBOSS said:
Thats ridiculous.
The fact of the matter is, even at MSRP we are getting bent over on this car. Ford already factors in a LARGE profit ratio on this car, at MSRP. Much more than a normal commuter car. With dealer markup, it just makes it ridiculous IMO.

I used to find it perplexing that so many people were willing to pay over sticker for this car, for this long. But in hindsight it really is not hard to understand. The simple fact of the matter is, classsic muscle cars have exponentially increased in market value lately. The release of the new GT500 was timed perfectly to coincide with this latest craze, which mainly is fueled by the recent influx of televised auctions.

I still stand firmly 100% by my original claim that these cars will start to dip well below MSRP before the production run is done. WE are not even into the 2nd year of production, and the latest I heard is, that we are going to see at least a 3 year run for these. With at least 7,500 to go around every year, supply will meet demand probably towards the end of this year, and thats when these will start going for MSRP and under..Ford typically waits until the last year to up their production numbers too, on their perfromance Mustangs. Just look at Mach 1.

Its basically just a waiting game.. It is really impossible for these cars to stay inflated for much longer, since they ARE NOT a limited production vehicle.

You have to give Ford credit for NAILING the market.:thumbsup: At the same time, you can take away major points for the way the dealers have been allowed to be so GREEDY.:cuss: I personally have ended several long standing relationships with dealers over this car.:shrug: And my brand loyalship towards Ford in general has been seriously strained to the point that it will never be the same. The way I have been treated will certainly impact Ford in the long run, with my future purchases of "normal" cars.. Thanks to the greedy dealers.:dw:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread