MSX Longtube Group Buy!!

AG Bolt

Established Member
LL
I haven't received my headers or mids yet, but when I talked with MSX last week and according to one of there posts mine were being shipped last Friday and I should be receiving them Thursday or Friday this week. Nothing has shown up now, Thursday closing time and I never did get a tracking #.
Thanks for any help
AG Bolt

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
AG Bolt said:
LL
I haven't received my headers or mids yet, but when I talked with MSX last week and according to one of there posts mine were being shipped last Friday and I should be receiving them Thursday or Friday this week. Nothing has shown up now, Thursday closing time and I never did get a tracking #.
Thanks for any help
AG Bolt

Keep me posted.

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
It's one day shy of two weeks now since "Shelly" signed for my returned mid pipes. And it's been about two and a half weeks since Billy and I spoke.

As of yet he has not communicated with me, or refunded the AGREED UPON shipping costs. ($49)

Rich :shrug:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Just PM'd you Rich.

AG Bolt, I'm making sure you get your parts. I may not work for Billy anymore, but I'm not leaving you guys high and dry here. You'll get your parts.

SS This, your mids will be going out shortly as well. As soon as he gets them, we'll make sure they get out.

Once again, I am no longer working for MSX, just making sure you guys get what you paid for. Billy's on the same page.

Flash2211

Established Member
Quik Z06 said:
Once again, I am no longer working for MSX, just making sure you guys get what you paid for. Billy's on the same page.

I paid for $700.00 headers...but only received $500.00 worth...REFUND????

wydopnthrtl

Established Member
I want to personally thank Rachael. She (& I think Pete?) are stepping up to the plate for those of us who spent money and have been waiting for 5 months now.

Just a re-cap.. for some musings.
To lead everone to believe that it's a "new" product that is specifically made for MSX? Assumingly to *thier* standards?

I can't believe that I put so much blind faith into this "Billy". Had he actually developed a new 3" SS header I'd have waited w/o a peep. But to take a off the shelf pacesetter, rebox it, have some CRAPPY 2.5" mids made.. then pass it all off as if they had been working so hard? Wow. Was I a fool or what?

My status.. Rachael says I'll get my refund *in the box* with my mids. (Thanks again Rachael for your work in this) And as of yet Billy is not MAN ENOUGH to call me and speak directly with *HIS* paying customer. Honestly.. at this point I'm in the hole for $800 and all I have are some $450 pacesetters w/improper fitting bolts, and 02 extenders.

Here is the original post link.. and some musing quotes:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=332708&highlight=longtube

Post #18 "As for the ceramic coating, we get them from the manufacturer we are working with already ceramic coated."

Post #22 "Originally Posted by CuZzO99L
I dont want to sound stupid but what brand are they so I can tell every one what kind of setup Im about to buy from u.

"These are going to be our own header..so they are MSX Headers :rockon: "

Post #23 "Any comments on how easy these will be to install? I've heard that the other brands (other than the newest JLP Bassani's) are somewhat difficult."

Post #24 "Well, from what I understand these will be about the same as far as install as any other header."

Post #37 "Yes they are stainless headers and will be ceramic coated."

Post #43 "Heres some other info on the headers, they are a carbon steel which will be ceramic coated inside and out. The collector is a full 3 inch slip fit design with a matching 3 inch mid pipe. The drivers side header is machined for the dip stick tube which makes the install a little easier. It also has the egr provision but we will include a egr plug for anyone who wishes to block it off. The headers will also come with new gaskets,bolts,o2 extensions and band clamps for the collector. During initial testing we have seen boost drops of about 1.5 to 2 pounds with these headers depending on modifications. We are doing final testing this week on the headers. Right now we are just testing different o2 sensor locations."

Post #109
'if it takes as long to get the headers to my house as it does to get dyno numbers or pictures of the dang things then we're going to have some huge issues."

Post #114 "The mid pipes will be stainless, not coated."

Post #123 "Thanks guys yeah we were very impressed with the #'s as well, and for teh price their hard to beat "

Post #125 "As for comparing brands, were not going to get into that, we'll leave that up to you guys. Obviously they have a lot of R&D into them and the have their own reasons for that. As we mentioned before we wanted to get a nice quality header on the market that would be affordable and make good power."

Post #131 "I'm confused on the carbon steel/stainless steel comment."

Post #141 "The first 10 are being ordered now and will ship out on Dec 4th. Get in while the spots are still there!"

My head hurts now... Billy. Do whats right. Call me.

Rich

Last edited:

Quik Z06

Established Member
Actually I think he's talking about not getting his mids yet. I have 3 sets of mids to ship out that we're waiting to get in still. Due to the hold onn Billy's fuds, he cant pick them up, which to my understanding will be today or tomorrow. Once that's done, the mids will be shipped.

Rich, I will make sure your refund is in there with your mids. I hope to have tracking numbers for you al on Friday at the latest. Thanks again.

Rachael

Rat Trap

The Butcher
Established Member
wydopnthrtl said:
I want to personally thank Rachael. She (& I think Pete?) are stepping up to the plate for those of us who spent money and have been waiting for 5 months now.

Just a re-cap.. for some musings.
To lead everone to believe that it's a "new" product that is specifically made for MSX? Assumingly to *their* standards?

I can't believe that I put so much blind faith into this "Billy". Had he actually developed a new 3" SS header I'd have waited w/o a peep. But to take a off the shelf pacesetter, rebox it, have some CRAPPY 2.5" mids made.. then pass it all off as if they had been working so hard? Wow. Was I a fool or what?

Honestly.. at this point I'm in the hole for $800 and all I have are some $450 pacesetters w/improper fitting bolts, and 02 extenders.

My head hurts now... Billy. Do whats right. Call me.

Rich

100% in agreement with Rich.

My mids do not fit either...... but I will find a way to put this all behind me.

May just donate them to the local recycler at least they will go to a good cause.

Lesson learned.

Chris

TBSGTP

Established Member
Well I got my headers and mid pipes.....
The one header had about an 3/4" inch dent in the collector right at the end.
The mid pipes won't fit on their matching header, the 3" pipes aren't big enough to fit over the header collectors.

I took them to a exhaust shop and they "stretched" both mids and were able to straighten out the dent in the header collector.

But with all the problems with Billy and MSX I was wondering if the gossip and rumors were right.....
Are infact MSX headers made by Pacesetter? and what about the mid pipes?

oh well,
Terry

Flash2211

Established Member
haven't put mine on yet, but I'm expecting trouble (stuff not fitting)...where do we go to complain...is this 'over' now...are we stuck with these headers/midpipes?
What about contacting Pacesetter?

Quik Z06

Established Member
For those of you waiting for your mids, Billy's account is still being held. I honestly have no idea when it is going to be released. He was told 2 weeks ago, than 1 week ago. I personally have no idea on when they are going to ship. We are still bugging him about them, but "you can't squeeze blood from a turnip". I'll try and keep everyone posted. Otherwise, please read that thread Larry posted. Thanks

Rachael

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
How many SVTP'ers (Gen 2) are still awaiting parts and/or refunds? Sounds like all should dispute the charges and move on in order to reach a timely end to this ordeal.

AG Bolt

Established Member
I have not recieved my LT's or mids yet, according to Pete and Rachael they are waiting at the FedEx to be picked up by Billy. I have been waiting since Nov 28, #7 on the original list, Rachael had to find a copy of my CC to verify my payment, now I'm just waiting but about to contact my bank and credit card company. Rachael and Pete have been a great help, but they can only do so much.
AG Bolt

Users who are viewing this thread