MT-82 locking me out of first and second gear after McLeod RXT and steel flywheel

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
Finally picked the car up after getting the RXT + steel flywheel combo installed. The pedal feels much better than stock, feedback and pressure are consistent through the whole range of motion.

I'm now experiencing a new issue however;

The car is very difficult to shift into 1st and 2nd gear, from a stop or roll. Also, it doesn't travel the same distance from the center as it would if I was shifting towards 5th and 6th gear. If that makes sense..? I'll take a video and post it soon. I also installed a new OEM slave cylinder at the same time if that matters.

** https://youtu.be/q18brDXiF-g

Last edited:

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
id say trans oil change to..Amsoil synchromesh...and add an mgw if not already in..I think you will be ok after that!

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
I'd love to buy the short shifter but the clutch pretty much taxed my mod money for the rest of the year. I'll be changing the fluids out eventually but the mechanic said the transmission fluid is still in good condition. The funny thing is that it's acting similar to when the OEM clutch went out. Except in that scenario, it wouldn't go into any gear. Now it's just fighting me and not letting me in gear most of the time, not all of the time.

SD_GT

Reformed 5.bro
Established Member
Wanted to update this thread and let this one know that the fix was simply to bleed my clutch line some more. All seems well now, 500+ miles in. :)

Users who are viewing this thread