MT ET Street SS vs Nitto vs Toyo 888

Jam421

Jam421
Established Member
I've had terrific success with my ET Streets given my set up. I also know what low psi drops the best lines for my car when it's time to play. Before I ordered the SS series I called MT Tech Line. Being we have stick cars I had some concern if the SS series had stiffer sidewalls. Of course they advised the SS series would be even better if I was already happy with the ET Streets.
YouTube vids are what they are. But if my new ET SS's do not meet or exceed my old ET Streets on some hard line drop testing....I'll try the Toyo 888's.

sleek98

Established Member
Does any ones answer change if your dropping down from a 20" to an 18" wheel? I am ordering a forgestar drag setup with 17x7 fronts so I can keep them on for the street. I am getting a set of 15s for the rears, but was thinking of getting a pair of 18x10-11 to throw on for the street. That way I only have to swap out 2 wheels when I want to go to the track. Also the fronts with a 235/55 tire is only 41 pounds.

I am thinking of doing a MT on the 15x10 and going with the 305/45/18 555R for the 18". The nittos are 450 for the pair right now with Discount tires 100 off ebay deal.

Last edited:

limitedex

Love me some SVT
Established Member
Love(d) my R888 on my previous and current GT500. ~625whp

No experience with the others. Nittos are too tall for my preference that’s all.

MelloStang2010

Established Member
I run 15" et streets. I originally bought them to use just when I wanted to play in mexico and not spin, but they behave and grip so well on the street I haven't bothered taking them off. I can pin it in pretty much any gear and they wont spin as long as the streets aren't cold. They are not sketchy to drive on at all and the only time I've been able to spin them is when it was below 40 degrees. I don't daily drive my gt500 so tread wear is of little concern for me and when I want to go fast on twisty roads I just swap the regular wheels on because while they handle fine cornering on the street I would not drive them aggressively through turns with that much sidewall.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Does any ones answer change if your dropping down from a 20" to an 18" wheel? I am ordering a forgestar drag setup with 17x7 fronts so I can keep them on for the street. I am getting a set of 15s for the rears, but was thinking of getting a pair of 18x10-11 to throw on for the street. That way I only have to swap out 2 wheels when I want to go to the track. Also the fronts with a 235/55 tire is only 41 pounds.

I am thinking of doing a MT on the 15x10 and going with the 305/45/18 555R for the 18". The nittos are 450 for the pair right now with Discount tires 100 off ebay deal.

Going to install my old set of NT05R 305/45R18's on AMR 18x10 wheels to see how they do for DD. A ton of passes on them mostly from 1/8th drag racing on essentially no prep. I want to see how a nearly worn set handles DD duties. If it does well, Ill get 20" set for the SVT wheels.

I think Nitto (Toyo) makes a good carcass for the street. Add the NT05R rubber and it should handle DD really well.

Users who are viewing this thread