Muffler Dyno Test ????

2012 Boss 302

Established Member
Has anyone done a back to back dyno test on mufflers, aka Axle Back Exhaust ?

I know there are a lot of mufflers on the market,not looking for specifics, just wondering if there are any gains to be had from mufflers.

Maybe Shaun from AED will chime in.....

96gt02

Established Member
as long as you dont have 2" mufflers you wont notice much of difference regardless.... go for sound

96gt02

Established Member
Yeah it's pretty much always been that way and always should be, its more important to not make the mufflers the choking point of the exhaust such a full 2.75"-3" going into a 2"ish muffler is bad.

vortecd

Established Member
I'm not a big dyno fan for what a car makes. I think MPH at a drag strip is way more accurate

I know Rick Anderson did a big muffler test on the then new 2005 Mustang and the best made around 5hp more then stock. Everyone says "aftermarket mufflers make no more power" but there is little proof of this. Also, would there be if say you are making 800hp.

I run stock mufflers on my '13 and have a set of Magnaflows I want to try at the track, same day. I had planned doing this last fall but every weekend we got rained out. I'm going to try this again when the track opens in April. My car runs 10.7's at 130+ so a little more power then stock

The plan is to make a couple of passes with both mufflers and if I have time to put the first mufflers back on and run again

11Sec_Lx

Established Member
I swapped from a custom, Flowmaster 50 series (3 chamber) axle back using the inlet elbow from stock mufflers to a Kooks axle back and picked up 7 rwhp. The car was making a little over 800 rwhp.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Would be interesting to see a dyno comparison of the stock mufflers vs a muffler delete. I agree though that there is little difference HP wise between a chambered muffler and a straight through design type.

Users who are viewing this thread