Mufflers

Emwun Garand

Established Member
So I've got the Hellion single kit into a 3" catback. Was Bassani, hated the sound so I welded in some MAC mufflers b/c I had them when I was running longtubes and the blower.

The MAC's did very little to change the note. It still raspy at lower rpm's and I cannot stand the farm truck sound. The turbo has butchered my classic Mustang sound and I am looking for recommendations.

What sounds good? Anyone have vid clips of their exhaust through the turbo setups?

I'm running no cats and don't plan on adding any.

MTBSully

Established Member
With turbo setups it should be a straight thru muffler IMO. Neither bassani or Mac falls under that category. I have stingers, and I haven't driven the car much yet since I got the system on, but I love the sound. Go for a resonator style muffler and you will be happy.

itSSlow98

Established Member
If I could do a catback(cant cause of the antiroll bar) I would do borla stingers. I have a cutout by the trans thats usually open all the time anyways. Here is a video of a hellion single car with stingers

Turbo Cobra - YouTube

MTBSully

Established Member
The only problem with Stingers is that my catback piping is all 3" and the Stingers are 2.5"

Reducers?:shrug:

The hellion kit is designed to bolt up to a stock catback is it not? Did you modify the kit or something?

Or just buy 3" straight through mufflers (corsa, borla, dynomax, magnaflow etc) and have them welded on.

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Reducers?:shrug:

The hellion kit is designed to bolt up to a stock catback is it not? Did you modify the kit or something?

Or just buy 3" straight through mufflers (corsa, borla, dynomax, magnaflow etc) and have them welded on.

That's the plan, but I want to get an idea of the sound of some of them before I go back to the exhaust shop again. Shit gets expensive.

MTBSully

Established Member
Yeah I hear ya, all i have for you so far is idle videos in my build thread. I will hopefully have some driving videos up soon.

itSSlow98

Established Member
Full catback, I can easily sell my current system, it's a full 3" stainless MAC catback

Do an electric cutout if you don't have one. You will thank me later. Even with a single straight thru muffler dumped before the axle i pick up 40+rwhp with the cutout open by the trans.

Users who are viewing this thread