Multimatic Going To New Gen Mustang in 2014?

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Not sure if anyone gets into this particular racing series but I was watching a DVRed Cont Sports Car Series race, the last race of the season at Lime Rock (which was won by Jack Roush Jr and Billy Johnson in a Mustang) , and about 3/4 through the race the announcers stated that for 2014 Multimatic was going back to Ford Mustangs from the current Aston Martins to help Ford Develop the next gen Mustang race car but won't see them till around Aug. 2014, IDK if this is to anyones interest but just nice to hear ther next gen Mustang being talked about in racing...

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
yep, this was expected. multimatic has developed quite a few ford race cars now(namely, both the FR500C and the boss 302R) and they are very good at it as well. this is why they were linked up with aston too, to get a competitive car developed for other customers to purchase later on(TRG being one of those customers of course!). and, i take it you noticed how ridiculously quick THOSE were all year! just a shame about the stupid little gremlins that cost them every time.yep, this was expected. multimatic has developed quite a few ford race cars now(namely, both the FR500C and the boss 302R) and they are very good at it as well. this is why they were linked up with aston too, to get a competitive car developed for other customers to purchase later on(TRG being one of those customers of course!). and, i take it you noticed how ridiculously quick THOSE were all year! just a shame about the stupid little gremlins that cost them every time.

BTW, multimatic has had their greasy hands on a '15 development car for a LONG time now. a certain moderator of ours noticed this when he had paid them a visit(it was covered up of course, sadly, LOL).

KILRSVT

Established Member
Awesome! Multimatic Motorsports has actually developed ford racing suspension kit that you can purchase through ford racing of course. I saw the Multimatic Aston Martin's run down here in laguna seca .. Very fast cars they dominated the field . Can't wait to see what they come out with , this new mustang should be a beast in turns !

CompOrangeCobra

Established Member
Those Astons were fast indeed, Jay Buford help put one of those Astons on the pole multiple times, kinda disappointed at the rpm and weight restrictions placed on the mustangs earlier in the season. I am sooo looking forward to seeing a lighter, more powerful, better handling IRS Mustang out there soon...even though I'm sure they will get even more penalized for being too fast!!!

P.S. Whats the story behind the Focus ST-R being pulled out, seemed it was really showing some promise, just seems like they ran into some unavoidable bad luck in the races they were in...?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
BTW, multimatic has had their greasy hands on a '15 development car for a LONG time now. a certain moderator of ours noticed this when he had paid them a visit(it was covered up of course, sadly, LOL).

Dude must be a stud!

darreng505

Established Member
Those Astons didn't win squat all year. Not that Roush did much better, but 2 wins and a 2nd despite the restrictions and bad luck was decent. Good to see the mustangs hanging in there. I think Roush has departed the series though, so glad to see MM picking up the car.

Users who are viewing this thread