Musclemerc come on dowm

musclemerc

Established Member
You would think so.... I paid the same fees as all the other vendors but that wasnt enough.

In the end the members lost the most. They deleted most of my threads that were deemed threatning to DRs business, and got rid of most of the pics I posted on the ones they didnt delete.

Its like I was never there.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
You would think so.... I paid the same fees as all the other vendors but that wasnt enough.

In the end the members lost the most. They deleted most of my threads that were deemed threatning to DRs business, and got rid of most of the pics I posted on the ones they didnt delete. Its like I was never there.

So, a vendor will be banned if they develop a component that's better than another vendor's. So much for new ideas.

Burtreynolds

Established Member
So basically DR and Mary have some sort of agreement to push any new vendors/idea guys out? Nicely done...and to think I was going to spend a pretty penny with Dennis Reinhart...

He was kind of an ass on the phone anyway.

musclemerc

Established Member
I dont know what kind of hold Dennis has over them but yes, they give him exclusivity when it comes to marketing parts to the MM community. I got alot of emails from Mary asking me "why do I care what the members pay for parts from DR" and even tried to sway me from releasing my own parts if they were in direct competition with DR. They didnt want me to release my skidplates, CAI kit, 3" fuel filter mod, or my 5/8" cooling mod. But had no problem with him releasing his cheesy catch can, IAT mod, or way over priced fuel filter mod.

So much for a free market

Burtreynolds

Established Member
Well, lucky for you and your business I am a capitalist and cheaper stuff at comparable quality rules over. Now...mind telling me how you got BBK LTs onto an MM?

musclemerc

Established Member
You will need to shim the motor mount on the DS 3/8", grind the steering shaft a little, put a small dent in the tube that goes to cylinder #5 for extra clearance for the steering shaft, last you will need an EGR adapter for the EGR tube

Basically the same thing you do for a shorty header install.
This will work 100% for BBKs, American Racing Headers (Mach1 automatic), Bassanni, and JBA mid length. I'm still waiting for feedback on the MACs and Pacesetters. Always look for used parts if you can find them.

Drivers side:
IMG_0122.jpg

Passenger side:
IMG_0123.jpg

Last edited:

musclemerc

Established Member
LOL.... These are the ones purchased for $75.00 and unlike the Kooks, they are true LTs :burnout:

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
LOL.... These are the ones purchased for $75.00 and unlike the Kooks, they are true LTs :burnout:

yeah i know krooks are really midlengths....

I might have to keep an eye out for mac LT's....

Damn you, I don't even have the money for this stuff and now I'm trying to build an exhaust :D

Burtreynolds

Established Member
Ok, you are welcome to call me an idiot...

On the motor mount, what exactly did you shim and what did you use? Washers on the single stud that goes into the K member or on the actual mounts to the motor?

I have my EGR turned off through my tune, so im sure that wont be a problem.

Final Question, any idea what kind of gains you are having on your intake system over the competitor?

musclemerc

Established Member
Ok, you are welcome to call me an idiot...

On the motor mount, what exactly did you shim and what did you use? Washers on the single stud that goes into the K member or on the actual mounts to the motor?

I have my EGR turned off through my tune, so im sure that wont be a problem.

Final Question, any idea what kind of gains you are having on your intake system over the competitor?

The shims are just a few pieces of flat stock thats 3-1/2" long and 3/4" wide. I use 1/8" steel stacked on both sides of the motor mount where it bolts to the K member.

The EGR isnt a problem either way, I make EGR adapters for any header combo

I have yet to test my CAI kit for HP/TQ. Its designed to lower IATs (which will yeild higher HP/TQ). All the other CAI manufacturers designs draw the so called cold air from under the hood which is NOT desirable. The engine temps and radiator fan keeps the incomming IATs way too high. My kit pulls in cooler air from outside of the engine bay and by design it cannot be affected by engine temps or fan wash because its 1/2"~3/4" thick. This will deliver a cooler air charge.

I tested them all JLT, K&N, and stock MM airbox and NONE could get to an at ambient temp let alone below ambient temp. My kit will go below ambient temp ranging anywhere from -2*~-4* below ambient outside temp. The other kits will yeild +6*~+20* above ambient outside temp

Users who are viewing this thread