Mustang 5.0 A10 vs 2020 CAMARO lt1 6spd

OneSlowV

Established Member
My buddies 2019 A10 5.0 E85 , longtubes ,dragpack Lund E85r tuned weight reduction

My car 2020 CAMARO LT1 6spd longtubes, ported intake,Tb stock tune drag pack and weight reduction.

Runs were from 45-150 for me speed limiter kicks in gotta say Lund a10 moves out I’m impressed. We will get some runs in when I’m tuned and On e85 as well fun night .

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Great shifting OP. Every shift the mustang would create more distance.
In NA form, GM cars are hard to beat. Once you go FI its coyote baby.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great shifting OP. Every shift the mustang would create more distance.
In NA form, GM cars are hard to beat. Once you go FI its coyote baby.

Except he was just beat in "n/a" form lol.

The 10r Mustang is a cheap ass platform that is IMPOSSIBLE to beat from a cost perspective if your a drag/roll/street racer.

Everyone kept trying to tell OP this, but he went and bought another GM lol.

EDIT.. i should say.. great driving indeed by the OP.. nice work!

OneSlowV

Established Member
Except he was just beat in "n/a" form lol.

The 10r Mustang is a cheap ass platform that is IMPOSSIBLE to beat from a cost perspective if your a drag/roll/street racer.

Everyone kept trying to tell OP this, but he went and bought another GM lol.

EDIT.. i should say.. great driving indeed by the OP.. nice work!

Expect he won’t be faster here soon lol you are comparing a tuned e85 car to a stock tune car . The factory tune on the nls closes the Tb every shift is why I fall back . Once I get it tuned I won’t have that issue anymore and will be a different outcome next race

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Expect he won’t be faster here soon lol you are comparing a tuned e85 car to a stock tune car . The factory tune on the nls closes the Tb every shift is why I fall back . Once I get it tuned I won’t have that issue anymore and will be a different outcome next race

Well..hes faster until he isnt. I look forward to the video of you pulling on him.

Also i dont know that I believe youre not tuned. Long tubes, TB, ported intake but no tune? lol.... ok

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member

exactly, once you go cammed byebye NA mustang.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Well..hes faster until he isnt. I look forward to the video of you pulling on him.

Also i dont know that I believe youre not tuned. Long tubes, TB, ported intake but no tune? lol.... ok

Never said he wasn’t faster for the time being but the check engine light on in the dash says other wise lol . You are entitled to believe what you want but when I post the vid of me tuned you will see the difference.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Camming the later cars (lt1, lt5, lt4) is nothing like the LSs of old. Its a pretty big job. At that point you might as well add FI.

But then to go FI, you have the shitty GM direct fueling system which is expensive to upgrade.

Any platform can be fast and I love me some GM muscle. But for the $$ invested in either of the 6th gen platforms, the mustang cannot be beat.

Never said he wasn’t faster for the time being but the check engine light on in the dash says other wise lol . You are entitled to believe what you want but when I post the vid of me tuned you will see the difference.

I look forward to it.

Let see some underhood pics of the mustang you raced.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Yea lol that’s next on the list of things to do after tuning . I’d would it choose the mustang for sure if I was going boost though

Nice racing OP.

Camming an NA car is a waste of money.

Edit: unless it is a C6Z. then it is the very best use of money.

OneSlowV

Established Member
Camming the later cars (lt1, lt5, lt4) is nothing like the LSs of old. Its a pretty big job. At that point you might as well add FI.

But then to go FI, you have the shitty GM direct fueling system which is expensive to upgrade.

Any platform can be fast and I love me some GM muscle. But for the $$ invested in either of the 6th gen platforms, the mustang cannot be beat.

I look forward to it.

Let see some underhood pics of the mustang you raced.

I have to disagree with you on that the 5.0 car is the car made for boost and loves it . Na yea it does ok but the GM LT1 stomps a na mustang no problem the fastest s550 with cams and head work is still stuck in the high 9 @139 last time I looked . Same mods on the lt1 already been 9.4@144 hell the 6spd lt1 some been in the 9s @145 with cam and heads lol . Also be on the lookout for a certain blue 6th gen running 8s @ 150 plus here soon also na heads cam . And I’ll ask my buddy for some under hood pics of his headers .

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I have to disagree with you on that the 5.0 car is the car made for boost and loves it . Na yea it does ok but the GM LT1 stomps a na mustang no problem the fastest s550 with cams and head work is still stuck in the high 9 @139 last time I looked . Same mods on the lt1 already been 9.4@144 hell the 6spd lt1 some been in the 9s @145 with cam and heads lol . Also be on the lookout for a certain blue 6th gen running 8s @ 150 plus here soon also na heads cam . And I’ll ask my buddy for some under hood pics of his headers .

Lmao!!!! Come out from under that rock bro!

150 mph shifting gears n/a!?!!!? Damn that’s a good one. I needed a good laugh today.

Remember we are talking street cars... not hacked up tin can racers.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Bruh cammed LT1’s be clapping C6ZR1, C6Z, C7Z, ZL1, Redeyes, Demons, FGT, GT500, Vipers, and whatever else. Don’t you watch TX2k vids? They be runnnnnnnnning shiet.

Lmmfao no shit. Don’t forget liter bikes and busas.

We’ve all been doing it wrong for half a decade or more!

72SBC

Established Member
I raced a ZR1 the other day and pulled on it, he should have got the base Stingray, he don’t be knowing bout that LT1 powa.
E8656DBA-9D49-4C8D-900F-CAB01A6DA58B.jpeg

jhonda

Established Member
Op should know he is going to catch shitt posting on a ford forum. Both cars are fast. Tune the Chevy it will be closer. Drivers race with no chance of the ford missing a shift.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Bruh cammed LT1’s be clapping C6ZR1, C6Z, C7Z, ZL1, Redeyes, Demons, FGT, GT500, Vipers, and whatever else. Don’t you watch TX2k vids? They be runnnnnnnnning shiet.
There were barely any vettes in the tx2k vids, I think I watched all the major ones doing pulls, all 3 days. Was watching to see how the calvo and nth moto vipers do.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread