Mustang Blowfish Racing Shifter Support Bracket 2011-2014

Schutz

I never installed the heat shield as it really isn't needed also with the blowfish you have to remove the heat shield. Ive seen where someone did manage to get the heat shield to fit however.

86Fbody

Established Member
On this whole, transmission is or isn't bolted to the body, I would say it is since the trans is bolted to the cross member which is bolted to the body.

86Fbody

Established Member
For those with shifter rattle I believe Steve has formulated a fix, currently I have no rattle on my car up to 5k, can't really test on the street above that but I believe the issue has been resolved.

scott_0

Established Member
For those with shifter rattle I believe Steve has formulated a fix, currently I have no rattle on my car up to 5k, can't really test on the street above that but I believe the issue has been resolved.
do share, Im guessing some sort of thin rubber or soft poly bushing type deal........

scott_0

Established Member
fair enough, I look forward to seeing the fix, I still haven't ordered mine, I'll definitely wait till the fix is revealed

gcxnirvana

I contacted steve via email and here is his take on the new design:

"Hi Steve,

I assume the new bracket will be compatible with the most recent mgw shifter I have. For mostly track day use, is the new bracket worth the wait or you think the current one is more hardcore?"

me

"The updated design is focused on the parts used with the factory shifter box. There are no significant improvements needed for the MGW users (any version). There is no need for you to hold off on purchasing the kit for use with your MGW shifter, as any noise reported with the MGW shifter was due to installation errors."

Steve

Grabber2012

Established Member
I've been following shifter bracket threads,and shifters, clutch threads for the mt-82 and from someone who's already had there's rebuilt by ford with 28,000 miles on the car and nothing more than an axle-back for performance done. By time you do all the "fixes" and get a good driveshaft you'll spend half the money it cost for a Magnum XL swap, and still have a crappy transmission, so for me I just decided to start slowly saving for the swap after mine was rebuilt.

86Fbody

Established Member
I've been following shifter bracket threads,and shifters, clutch threads for the mt-82 and from someone who's already had there's rebuilt by ford with 28,000 miles on the car and nothing more than an axle-back for performance done. By time you do all the "fixes" and get a good driveshaft you'll spend half the money it cost for a Magnum XL swap, and still have a crappy transmission, so for me I just decided to start slowly saving for the swap after mine was rebuilt.

True you do spend some money, I don't think 4-5k worth. You also end up with a heavier trans with the XL and you will most likely end up having to swap rear gears also to get the ratio's close to stock.

Grabber2012

Established Member
True you do spend some money, I don't think 4-5k worth. You also end up with a heavier trans with the XL and you will most likely end up having to swap rear gears also to get the ratio's close to stock.
You will probably end up swapping rear gears true enough, I like the gearing of the mt-82, I just ask myself will all these fixes stop my transmission from chewing itself up again when I begin to mod it? And yes it's a heavy price to pay but you won't have to worry about breaking it.

Users who are viewing this thread