Mustang Blowfish Racing Shifter Support Bracket 2011-2014

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I drove a boss that has the blowfish bracket with mgw shifter and no noise or vibration. Barton on the other hand...I can take more feel through the shifter, just not the loud rattling

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Mine is the first version style bracket. It buzzed at about 3000RPM for the first few miles. It seems to have gone away now. All I can tell that's different now is a little more mechanical feel of the shifter. That's not a bad thing to me though.

Last edited:

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
That's good to hear. I got rid of my older MGW and plan to buy their new race spec. I'm keeping the bracket since I already have it. It'll give me a DS loop at the very least. I still like the idea of it attaching to the rear of the trans as well, even though the new race spec shouldn't need it.

pufferfish

Established Member
Can't please everyone, but I did post it on the every forum I could legally do so (which isn't here). And I emailed every person who contacted me with an issue. There isn't a problem with the original bracket. A small amount of customers got a noise, but all customers saw shift improvement beyond any shifter available at the time.

Otroo

Established Member
Okay so I know this is a older thread but oh well. I was wondering what you guys still think of this bracket and is it still holding up well for you.
I just bought a 2013 GT Mustang this last week and some of the problems I have had are pretty much the same as everyone else above have stated. Now before I bought the car I had already bought some hop up parts and one of them being a Steeda tri ax short throw shifter with bushing. I am now leaning towards this bracket especially since I found out that it also covers the drive shaft loop I was going to need for the track. One of the things I wanted to know is I was getting ready to order the Steeda transmission bushing but do I need to with this bracket? Thanks in advance.

stags

Established Member
Blowfish and mgw gen2 here, love the combo, only annoyance is some buzzing nvh from time to time, Hoping a 1 of ds clears that up. Have not missed any shifts except 6th and that's just because I have short stubby arms

Mark Aubele

Established Member
Just ordered the MGW Compact Race Spec. It basically turns it into a solid mount shifter. Why would you need the Blowfish Bracket with the MGW shifter?

image uploading

You don't. I asked if anyone had a Blowfish bracket with an aftermarket shifter, that had also driven a car with the MGW race spec. Since I already have the Blowfish on my car I wanted to see how close to the race spec a Blowfish with an aftermarket shifter would be.

SS lol

Established Member
Okay so I know this is a older thread but oh well. I was wondering what you guys still think of this bracket and is it still holding up well for you.
I just bought a 2013 GT Mustang this last week and some of the problems I have had are pretty much the same as everyone else above have stated. Now before I bought the car I had already bought some hop up parts and one of them being a Steeda tri ax short throw shifter with bushing. I am now leaning towards this bracket especially since I found out that it also covers the drive shaft loop I was going to need for the track. One of the things I wanted to know is I was getting ready to order the Steeda transmission bushing but do I need to with this bracket? Thanks in advance.

The whiteline bushing is what I have with the blowfish bracket. I installed the steeda bushing on a friend of mine car and didn't like the soft feel of the bushing itself

imeyers302

Established Member
You don't. I asked if anyone had a Blowfish bracket with an aftermarket shifter, that had also driven a car with the MGW race spec. Since I already have the Blowfish on my car I wanted to see how close to the race spec a Blowfish with an aftermarket shifter would be.

Oh, sorry. My bad.

Otroo

Established Member
Alright I got time today to install my Blowfish bracket and Steeda short throw shifter. Took longer to find all the correct tool than it did for the install. I really like how these two work together and I am pretty happy with it overall.

Users who are viewing this thread