Mustang high speed chase

_Snake_

Established Member
150mph? Whether it's a 3-speed or 4-spd toploader, those things really wound out before 3 digits. Guy must have had some serious work done to hit 150 in a 1st gen...

I know the article said older Mustang, but that could be anything from 2014 and earlier. For some reason I was thinking something just a few generations back.

Rare40th

Established Member

121AK

Established Member
Sounds like they need to upgrade their patrol vehicles. When I was a Sheriffs Deputy, we had Hemi Chargers. At 100+ mph on the highway, the cars were smooth. We'd chase that guy at 150 for sure. Can't outrun the radio!

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Things must really be slow in Colorado for this to make the news with no arrest. 150 mph just aint that fast these days. I can do that easily with a lot of room left with my personal 2009 Dodge Charger with 200k miles on it....

My work Charger is a 2013 and hits 165 pretty easily but I have a programmer and removed the speed limiter, changed the air/fuel settings and got rid of the MDS (4-8 cylinder deactivation) but of course no one at work knows that.....:p

97snakebite

Established Member
not impressed. Ive personally seen a 80s toyota pickup ditch the highway patrol on the freeway. Granted it was in 3pm traffic, still impressive.

Users who are viewing this thread