Mustang Mach E: The Edsel of our generation

Fat Boss

Established Member
Ever engineered products directly with/in the automotive industry?

No. Semiconductor Capital Equipment. We engineering and manufacture machines that etch trenches in Si or SiC or SiN down to 1 um in size. And, at that size you have to control trench wall profiles to plus/minus a half a degree, and ensure you don't have bowing in 40:1 aspect ratios, and keep up a high etch rate, and keep mean time between cleans and PM's, and keep Costs of Consumables down, etc, etc, etc. In a lot of ways it's a lot more difficult than automotive, but I'm sure there's plenty of challenges in that industry as well.

If the Mach e averages 7 days on the lot, then someone is a dumbass to be in the group of “some” paying $20k adm. Now if it was nationwide that be a different story.

I agree. I'm sure it's just for the GT Performance Editions. Hell, I know a guy who PAID at $50k ADM on his GT350R.

Last edited:

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
No. Semiconductor Capital Equipment. We engineering and manufacture machines that etch trenches in Si or SiC or SiN down to 1 um in size. And, at that size you have to control trench wall profiles to plus/minus a half a degree, and ensure you don't have bowing in 40:1 aspect ratios, and keep up a high etch rate, and keep mean time between cleans and PM's, and keep Costs of Consumables down, etc, etc, etc. In a lot of ways it's a lot more difficult than automotive, but I'm sure there's plenty of challenges in that industry as well.

I agree. I'm sure it's just for the GT Performance Editions. Hell, I know a guy who PAID at $50k ADM on his GT350R.
I know a guy who paid 30k ADM on a 2006 Z06. Sold the car in 2016 for 35k LOL.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Word is Ford is taking a loss on every Mach-E they sell.

I'm hoping to get a Mach-E GT in for testing soon. I want to take it on a road trip and see just how inconvenient it is vs an ICE car.

giphy.gif

Lincoln Mark II

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I guess it depends on where you live. Nobody buys an EV in the winter time. The Ford dealership in town has no Mach E's in stock. The last one they had sat for 3 months. The next town over with a Ford dealership had a Mach E sit for over 6 months and they finally did a dealer swap with some dealership in New York to get rid of it. At the current dealership, every vehicle PDI is a sold unit and we are not getting in any EV's at all.
Maybe in Commie fornia or Flordia/Texas they might be selling, but not here.

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
I guess it depends on where you live. Nobody buys an EV in the winter time. The Ford dealership in town has no Mach E's in stock. The last one they had sat for 3 months. The next town over with a Ford dealership had a Mach E sit for over 6 months and they finally did a dealer swap with some dealership in New York to get rid of it. At the current dealership, every vehicle PDI is a sold unit and we are not getting in any EV's at all.
Maybe in Commie fornia or Flordia/Texas they might be selling, but not here.
That cold weather range is a killer…

Fat Boss

Established Member
I have a hard time believing a Mach-E sat for 6 months on a lot at a time when people were flying to different states to get them as the became available. But, maybe. Cold weather is a killer as mentioned. Word is the One Pedal Driving works well in the snow though.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I have a hard time believing a Mach-E sat for 6 months on a lot at a time when people were flying to different states to get them as the became available. But, maybe. Cold weather is a killer as mentioned. Word is the One Pedal Driving works well in the snow though.
It sat from April through October. Got lots of test drives, but nobody would buy.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm not surprised that it sat. Cold weather in Maine could very well have been a big factor in little to no interest in it.

snakecharmer

Established Member
I will never ever forgive Ford for the blasphemy of the Mockery. I hate it. It's hideous, boring, and has no business wearing the Mustang name. I absolutely DO hope Ford is taking a loss on every one of them.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
at a time when people were flying to different states to get them as the became available.

Eh? There are 5k in inventory right now.

That is 2 months of production.

In the hottest car market in history.

People are paying ADMs on Kias right now and Mach Es are gathering dust.

Lol.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
also, I love

"its not a mustang it's an suv."

"well if it's an suv it is the worst selling suv on the market"

"I just don't see how you can compare this to other suvs."

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Eh? There are 5k in inventory right now.

That is 2 months of production.

In the hottest car market in history.

People are paying ADMs on Kias right now and Mach Es are gathering dust.

Lol.

The dealer groups are screaming at Walz forcing them to carry EV inventory.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
also, I love

"its not a mustang it's an suv."

"well if it's an suv it is the worst selling suv on the market"

"I just don't see how you can compare this to other suvs."
I agree, @Klaus. I doesn't register in my head as an SUV. Maybe a crossover. Or maybe a Franken-E.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I got a good look at the Mach E Friday night.
DO.NOT.LIKE.

Maybe the GT version will look better, but it does nothing for me, especially being electric.
Gaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy. lol

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
I got a good look at the Mach E Friday night.
DO.NOT.LIKE.

Maybe the GT version will look better, but it does nothing for me, especially being electric.
Gaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy. lol

One thing I really do not like about EVs is the front end. I never realized how much the grille adds until I noticed it was gone.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Does anyone know how Mach Es are charged? They are not compatible with the Tesla supercharging network. Also I guess the battery is the same tech as the Bolt so do not park near things that do not like fire.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
One thing I really do not like about EVs is the front end. I never realized how much the grille adds until I noticed it was gone.
EXACTLY!!!!
I agree with you. It looks too fake or cheap. lol

Users who are viewing this thread