Mustang Mach E: The Edsel of our generation

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I'm not an EV guy either. I do understand they have a place in the market. They are genuine people who like them and want them. No, they do not solve the "energy crisis" or "climate change". I just wish the government and the pseudo-government (Corporate America) would stop shoving them down our throats. We know that won't happen. At the end of the day, I'll drive my cheap gas guzzlers.....

ArabianOak

Established Member
Just purchased a brand new Mach-E premium awd ext range. My other electric car is a plaid. I have put about 300 miles on the Mach so far...

First off, they are sold out and impossible to get unless you pay ADM...that's the only reason i got one...so to call it a flop is not only wrong but not at all accurate. Ford dealers are telling everyone the same thing, these cars are sold out for at least this year and most likely next year. It will be 2 years before they catch up to the demand...when has that ever happened with ANY mustang before it?

As far as reviewing the car I would tell everyone it's a incredible effort by ford to get into the EV segment on a serious note. It's not fast, but fast enough, it has a good range (280 miles), it has great tech and the ford 360 cruise is REALLY good. It's very comfy, it's quiet and looks pretty good in person.

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Just purchased a brand new Mach-E premium awd ext range. My other electric car is a plaid. I have put about 300 miles on the Mach so far...

First off, they are sold out and impossible to get unless you pay ADM...that's the only reason i got one...so to call it a flop is not only wrong but not at all accurate. Ford dealers are telling everyone the same thing, these cars are sold out for at least this year and most likely next year. It will be 2 years before they catch up to the demand...when has that ever happened with ANY mustang before it?

As far as reviewing the car I would tell everyone it's a incredible effort by ford to get into the EV segment on a serious note. It's not fast, but fast enough, it has a good range (280 miles), it has great tech and the ford 360 cruise is REALLY good. It's very comfy, it's quiet and looks pretty good in person.
Wait, did you just call this car a Mustang?

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member

Seriously curious how that range does this winter.

wystewart

Established Member
First off I find it an insult to the loyal mustang owners to call this thing a mustang. Should have been given another name.

Next I disagree there is no place for electric vehicles. They are more convenient in many respects, although not necessarily for every one.

Third the native notion that electric vehicles will help solve climate change is totally false. While they have no CO2 emissions, the mining the of the materials for these vehicles has serious environmental impacts. Furthermore in most place the electricity to charge these vehicles is not without CO2 emissions.

Fourth, canada generates 1.5% of world CO2 emissions, it makes absolutely no sense to spend so much money on climate change, the overall impact of canada reducing CO2 is insignificant.

Makes more sense to build massive CO2 scrubbers and keep gas vehicles on the road for the fore see able future.

Last edited:

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
First off I find it an insult to the loyal mustang owners to call this thing a mustang. Should have been given another name.

Next I disagree there is no place for electric vehicles. There are more convenient in many respects, although not necessarily for every one.

Third the native notion that electric vehicles will help solve climate change is totally false. While they have no CO2 emissions, the mining the of the materials for these vehicles has serious environmental impacts. Furthermore in most place the electricity to charge these vehicles is not without CO2 emissions.

Fourth, canada generates 1.5% of world CO2 emissions, it makes absolutely no sense to spend so much money on climate change, the overall impact of canada reducing CO2 is insignificant.

Makes more sense to build massive CO2 scrubbers and keep gas vehicles on the road for the fore see able future.
Good summary, but I think everyone knows all of this. We just have to pretend like it’s not true.

wystewart

Established Member
Good summary, but I think everyone knows all of this. We just have to pretend like it’s not true.
Certainly but I am getting so frustrated with my tax dollars and gasoline tax that are being collected in the name of climate changes but will have exactly 0% impact on effecting any change. and on top of that gas vehicle sales are to be banned by 2035. Hate to say it, it is already too late.... may as well keep driving gas vehicles, they account for only 10% of world CO2 emissions

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

So by "sold out" do you really mean there are more of them in stock than any Ford truck at the moment?

Currently, almost 100 available, in stock, within only 50 miles of LA.

Come on bro. This car is a fookin giant turd.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

Next I disagree there is no place for electric vehicles. They are more convenient in many respects, although not necessarily for every one.

Great job, canuckada.

ArabianOak

Established Member
So by "sold out" do you really mean there are more of them in stock than any Ford truck at the moment?

Currently, almost 100 available, in stock, within only 50 miles of LA.

Come on bro. This car is a fookin giant turd.
Can’t get any by me. It may be a turd but it’s seen my driveway 4 days total so far. The rest of the time it’s been rented on Turo.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
Can’t get any by me. It may be a turd but it’s seen my driveway 4 days total so far. The rest of the time it’s been rented on Turo.
1660395510761.png

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I don't understand Turo. Why in the hell would someone spend money to allow others to beat the shit out of it? Unless you rent out depreciated shitboxes or have a business model that allows a small profit on big investment.

We all know the world's fastest car is a rental, don't we? This is common knowledge, right?

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't understand Turo. Why in the hell would someone spend money to allow others to beat the shit out of it? Unless you rent out depreciated shitboxes or have a business model that allows a small profit on big investment.

We all know the world's fastest car is a rental, don't we? This is common knowledge, right?

I was thinking the same, but after thinking about it, I bet you profit quite a bit when each month is over. If not, you would at least have a "free" vehicle.
He said what, 20/24 days it was rented?
Say $100/day.
That's $2000 in just over 3 weeks. He probably pays $800/month or so for the "car". Factor in insurance, gas, etc, and you're still putting money in the bank and still enjoying a "free" ride when it is available.

Unless I missed something.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member
I was thinking the same, but after thinking about it, I bet you profit quite a bit when each month is over. If not, you would at least have a "free" vehicle.
He said what, 20/24 days it was rented?
Say $100/day.
That's $2000 in just over 3 weeks. He probably pays $800/month or so for the "car". Factor in insurance, gas, etc, and you're still putting money in the bank and still enjoying a "free" ride when it is available.

Unless I missed something.
He better be sure he has rental vehicle auto insurance and a $5M liability umbrella and/or do it under an LLC. At the very least, he should protect his personal and family assets. And the equation is a lot bigger than monthly income - monthly payments = did I make real money.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread