Mustang Newb

dodgeshadowchik

Established Member
GAHHHH!!!! Still got to wait... Man, now I'm getting impaitent from being excited. :banana: Thanks for the welcome, too!

Apparently his daily driver broke down, so he's getting that fixed. Oh well, what's another week?

However, got to see some sweet mustangs at the local track last night!! Here's some pics I snapped of a few.

headsup_71.jpg

headsup_60.jpg

headsup_59.jpg

headsup_36.jpg

headsup_13.jpg

Last edited:

dodgeshadowchik

Established Member
FINIALLY!!!

Got a mustang!! :banana:

The kid with the yellow car waited too long... I ended up with this 95 blue gt 5-speed convertible. it was too clean to pass up. 86k miles, and stored in a garage for 10 years.

It has issues with the top motors and the pass side window regulator.. but other than that the car runs and drive great. Picked it up in Cincy area today; drove it back 255 miles.. Love it!!

Here's a few pics
mustang.jpg

mustang_2.jpg

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
You got one of the best years (imo haha). I bought my car specifically for the engine. Welcome aboard! :beer:

dodgeshadowchik

Established Member
$3500

Thought it was worth the little bit extra due to its condition.

Thanks fiveohhstang! I'm pretty thrilled! :D Shoulda did this A LONG time ago instaed of messing around with those talons.

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
$3500

Thought it was worth the little bit extra due to its condition.

Thanks fiveohhstang! I'm pretty thrilled! :D Shoulda did this A LONG time ago instaed of messing around with those talons.

3500 is a decent price for one that has some issues. I hope you can get a top motor for cheap somewhere, I think they are kind of pricey.

Anyway, glad to have another female member! Any plans for the 5.0 as of right now?

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Sweet, it's about time. Check out 50resto, they'll be your new best friend for odds and ends you don't want to get from a junkyard.

So...what's the first mod?

dodgeshadowchik

Established Member
Yeah, I'll have to look into what exactly is going on with the top. He told me he beleives it's a hydraulic line that's messed up and not the motor. But won't really know until I dig into it.

As far as plans for the car.. right now just driving it. :) I'd like to get it some Cobra R wheels or something along that line. In the future, a nice cam, intake and exahust would be sweet to wake it up some!

I'll definatly be trolling around here and reading what all of you have done! Got A LOT to learn!! :)

Thanks for the info and tips! They are greatly appreciated!

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Yeah, I'll have to look into what exactly is going on with the top. He told me he beleives it's a hydraulic line that's messed up and not the motor. But won't really know until I dig into it.

As far as plans for the car.. right now just driving it. :) I'd like to get it some Cobra R wheels or something along that line. In the future, a nice cam, intake and exahust would be sweet to wake it up some!

I'll definatly be trolling around here and reading what all of you have done! Got A LOT to learn!! :)

Thanks for the info and tips! They are greatly appreciated!

Which Cobra R wheels, 95 or 00?

I like my 95 Cobra R wheels, but I'm getting tired of them. It's time for some black chrome. :D

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
That car is infinitely better looking then the yellow bi plane. You will thank yourself later for this purchase.

Question, is the top slow to come up, perhaps making a bit much of a whine?

dodgeshadowchik

Established Member
Yeah, it was definatly worth the 4 hour drive!

The top.. actually I haven't even tried the motor.. just been lifting it up and down by hand. I'm going to wash it today to get all the freeway bugs off it, so I'll mess with it and see what it's *not* doing.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Don't quote me, but if you are even able to lift the top up/down by hand then something is wrong. The hydraulics should have prevented you from doing this.

There is a hydraulic pressure container behind the passengers seat where the motor is. Sometimes the container can over pressurize somehow and needs to be bled out with a flat head screw driver. It causes the top to go up and down very slowly.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Welcome, and nice car! I love the color.

What kind of camera do you use? The drag pics from the previous page are pretty good, is it a hobby of yours?

Sweet, it's about time. Check out 50resto, they'll be your new best friend for odds and ends you don't want to get from a junkyard.

They go by Late Model Restoration Supply now, but yes, great place to find all the little stuff that can be difficult to source.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
<snip>
They go by Late Model Restoration Supply now, but yes, great place to find all the little stuff that can be difficult to source.

Yeah I know, but the 5ohresto.com link still works. I guess I could have said LRS. I've bought tons of stuff from those guys, and their customer service is top notch.

dodgeshadowchik

Established Member
F1reStart3r: You're probably right on that...

I saw that in the link for LRS, they sell a kit that has the top motor and hydrualic lines and such for $375. The Cylinders are $149 each.. I guess that's not too bad.

But with what you said, I bet it's the cylinders that are messed up.

Hybred: i use a nikon d2h and a d40. I really like taking photos, especially of cars. :) I have a few different lenses; but those prove to be just as expensive as car parts; if not more.. so it's hard to balance the two. ;)

Here's a few from last season:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/miswiredcarbonunit/sets/72157622195137375/

I tried to just link individual photos.. but it wasn't working.. so here's the "set".

Last edited:

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Hybred: i use a nikon d2h and a d40. I really like taking photos, especially of cars. :) I have a few different lenses; but those prove to be just as expensive as car parts; if not more.. so it's hard to balance the two. ;)

I hear ya on that. It's hard to balance the hobbies sometimes. I shoot Canon, 40D. I used to do a lot of car stuff, especially road course, but lately I've been doing animals and macro stuff.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
FINIALLY!!!

Got a mustang!! :banana:

The kid with the yellow car waited too long... I ended up with this 95 blue gt 5-speed convertible. it was too clean to pass up. 86k miles, and stored in a garage for 10 years.

It has issues with the top motors and the pass side window regulator.. but other than that the car runs and drive great. Picked it up in Cincy area today; drove it back 255 miles.. Love it!!

Here's a few pics
mustang.jpg

mustang_2.jpg

Glad you passed on the Yellow. It looked neglected even through a few Pics.

Welcome. :beer:

dodgeshadowchik

Established Member
Cool, Canon is awesome, as well! :)

Yes, I'm also glad I spent a little extra for this one. It's in much better shape and the previous owner knew everything about it and was able to provide me with all kinds of paperwork... so he cared about his car. I appreciate people that take care of their cars!

here's an engine shot.
MustangPics021-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread