Mustang Parts Salvage sells 4R70W swap kits on ebay... Has anyone bought one and inst

davidbettencour

Established Member
Mustang Parts Salvage sells 4R70W swap kits on ebay... Has anyone bought one and installed it??? If so, how did it work out for you?? Would you recommended the Simple Shift or the US Shifts (formerly Baumanator)? Did it come with everything you needed??? Minus the shifter and pedals, those are pretty obvious.

I blew my T56 after all sorts of hassles with flywheels from Fidanza. I also have less and less use of my left knee/leg since having complete left knee cartilage replacement, and even a McLeod RXT can be a hassle, so I've made the decision to get an auto.

Here's the setup on eBay I'm looking at:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/MPS-HD750-POW...3Aafd00f471560a7870bc446b6fffdff06%7Ciid%3A15

Any comments from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidbettencour

Established Member
I have everything. Haven't taken anything out yet. When I decide what to do, I'll put it up. I blew 5/6 and reverse. It has a McLeod RXT and a McLeod flywheel with replaceable insert. McLeod clutch fork (I have the original clutch fork and it is not damaged, just needs to be cleaned) and an MGW shifter with hurst 8-ball grip. I also have the original shifter grip. The original bell housing is there and it's not been touched or cut up either. I'll put it all up for sale when I figure out which setup I'm going with. I'm assuming I need to swap the drive shaft too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread