Mustang Week 2020

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
I honestly give it a 50/50 chance of actually happening this year. Lot's of local events around the same time have already been canceled.

Where are you staying?

I asked the MW folks and they said it’s still on. No other info. Who knows that could certainly change.

We’re staying at Anderson Ocean Club and Spa

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
First time in 5 years I wont be attending. I have other obligations but honestly prob still wouldn't go cause of the virus. it may still be on but im sure events and bars will have some kind of restrictions.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
First time in 5 years I wont be attending. I have other obligations but honestly prob still wouldn't go cause of the virus. it may still be on but im sure events and bars will have some kind of restrictions.

The restaurants and bars are pretty much wide open now. Most stores have mask policies (mandatory in city limits).

The real issue will be if it doesn't take place this year, that will make for 2 in a row. I hope they can still have it, but it's going to be tough to make it profitable with the inevitably smaller crowd. It's currently Bike Week in MB, and if I didn't know the event was taking place I would think it was just any other week. Not many bikes at all.

July has been really rough here so far. Occupancy rate is running around 50-60%, it should be near 100% this time of year.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Just watched this video.

Guy says he's not going because of the virus (obviously). Then he mentions something about crime and stuff closing at 6PM. Also says cops give tickets just for revving your engine.

Not sure how true his statements are. I've never been to Mustang Week, but would love to go one of these years.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Tezz500

Established Member
Just watched this video.

Guy says he's not going because of the virus (obviously). Then he mentions something about crime and stuff closing at 6PM. Also says cops give tickets just for revving your engine.

Not sure how true his statements are. I've never been to Mustang Week, but would love to go one of these years.

I’ll make sure to take lots of pics and vids. Cause we’re ****in goin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tezz500

Established Member
The restaurants and bars are pretty much wide open now. Most stores have mask policies (mandatory in city limits).

The real issue will be if it doesn't take place this year, that will make for 2 in a row. I hope they can still have it, but it's going to be tough to make it profitable with the inevitably smaller crowd. It's currently Bike Week in MB, and if I didn't know the event was taking place I would think it was just any other week. Not many bikes at all.

July has been really rough here so far. Occupancy rate is running around 50-60%, it should be near 100% this time of year.

People are scared and broke. I’m actually ok with it being not so packed. Maybe it’ll be even more enjoyable...?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
People are scared and broke. I’m actually ok with it being not so packed. Maybe it’ll be even more enjoyable...?

You'll have your run of the place. I went out the beach for a few minutes yesterday and the crowd looked to be at early-Oct levels. That's nuts for the middle of July.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Just watched this video.

Ehh its kinds true. 2 years ago an s550 was pulling out of a parking spot and he got a ticket. His car was stupid loud so cop thought it was just rev bombing it.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ehh its kinds true. 2 years ago an s550 was pulling out of a parking spot and he got a ticket. His car was stupid loud so cop thought it was just rev bombing it.

City of MB has a noise ordinance. Unless your exhaust is insane you're not going to get pulled over for just driving around. Rev and dumps on the other hand...

Tezz500

Established Member

So I watched it and basically got two things from it.

1. Wife clipped his balls.
2. They’re going to a different event.
3. Can’t afford to do both. (Understandable.)

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Sid, in your post from Sunday, if the beach is that deserted and event attendance is way down, is it even finally viable for them to proceed? I'm really surprised it hasn't been cancelled for 2020.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
Sid, in your post from Sunday, if the beach is that deserted and event attendance is way down, is it even finally viable for them to proceed? I'm really surprised it hasn't been cancelled for 2020.

They waited till THEEEEEEEEE last 20 minutes to cancel last year.

Given the current events, something has to significantly change before Sept for them to assume responsibility that comes along with something like that. J/S

Saving the money and vacation time. No dog in the fight this year.

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

This would make two years in a row that the event was canceled, I'm not sure it can survive that.

They waited till THEEEEEEEEE last 20 minutes to cancel last year.

Given the current events, something has to significantly change before Sept for them to assume responsibility that comes along with something like that. J/S

Saving the money and vacation time. No dog in the fight this year.

I've heard from a few that they weren't thrilled with the way a lot of things were handled last year.

1Kona_Venom

US Army (Ret)
Established Member
Premium Member
This would make two years in a row that the event was canceled, I'm not sure it can survive that.

I've heard from a few that they weren't thrilled with the way a lot of things were handled last year.

Can't really fault them for last years cancellation. That hurricane just would not move.
Gonna be here Tuesday they said, and like a dumb girlfriend, didn't show till Friday night. But in any case

Users who are viewing this thread