MY 03 pullied cobra vs stock 2011 Challenger SRT8 392 Hemi

S8ER01Z

Established Member
So much for the 12:40 bone stock talk in the Challenger forum. Nice Kill for you Cobra :)

I read a thread over there about the 12.4 being on drag radials. When we had my buddies dads challenger 392 at Cordova over the summer it was running 2mph faster traps and the same et's I was and it had an intake and modified mufflers on it.

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
These Challengers are nice cars. They look great and ride real nice but that's where it ends for me. Borrowed my friends 2010 SRT8 for the weekend. Too heavy, it was just like driving a 300C. Since then he traded it in for a 2012 Vette Grand Sport vert.

chancejat

Established Member
looks like they run dead even with a 373 5.0....

[youtube_browser]CHmGbcOXoiE[/youtube_browser]

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
bunch of clowns in this thread i swear...

"OH THAT CHIEF IS SUCH A MORON FOR BUYING A 2011 Challenger SRT8"

GTFO

If he traded in his gt500 for a prius would that of made you people happy?

I think he dropped close to $50,000 on it. *SMH* I laughed

And no offense to you OP but your driving around in a 8 year old soon to be 9 year old outdated car...so while your laughing, his car may not be able to keep up...but its a hell of alot nicer, and be worth a hell of alot more down the road. Again not taking credit away from a cobra than where it sits, but just because my 94 can run circles around yours doesnt make it any better than the fact its a quick 94 cobra and IMO is ugly as ****

Last edited:

jas11151990

Established Member
I would say the edge goes to the 392 especially up top. The Challenger 392 seems to keep pulling hard all the way and doesn't run out of breath compared to the Cobra or 5.0 GT when going over 60+ (which don't either but compared to the 392, they fall behind)

Regardless, the 392 seems to fall more as a classic looking car type, I wouldn't mind owing one for a weekend cruiser and keep it next to bone stock. For anything else, there's my lil snake :rockon:

Have to disagree completely about the 5.0 running out of breath up top. Good kill OP

jas11151990

Established Member
I don't know who told you that Cobras or 5.0s run out of steam after 60mph. :lol::lol::lol: Maybe in 6th gear against a Corvette, otherwise it doesn't run out of steam whatsoever.

A stock Cobra and GT can both trap over 112-113mph.

[youtube_browser]EkreHYwJt6g[/youtube_browser]

thank you :rockon:

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
I personally think that car is the ugliest thing I have ever seen.. but maybe that is just me

....maybe because i see mustangs on a daily basis since i was a kid and because the challenger is rather "new" (barely being introduced 4-5 years ago after a 30 year hiatus), but if i had to choose, id go with a challenger. sexy car IMHO.

SVTlove

USAFR Recruiter
Established Member
bunch of clowns in this thread i swear...

"OH THAT CHIEF IS SUCH A MORON FOR BUYING A 2011 Challenger SRT8"

GTFO

If he traded in his gt500 for a prius would that of made you people happy?

And no offense to you OP but your driving around in a 8 year old soon to be 9 year old outdated car...so while your laughing, his car may not be able to keep up...but its a hell of alot nicer, and be worth a hell of alot more down the road. Again not taking credit away from a cobra than where it sits, but just because my 94 can run circles around yours doesnt make it any better than the fact its a quick 94 cobra and IMO is ugly as ****
well I have to disagree with you a little bit. I think the 03/04 cobras will be worth more than his model challenger in 10+ years and beyond. And certainly will be worth more than a 94 cobra anytime in the near or far future. The terminator cobra has held its value better than any production mustang in decades. It is a sought after car.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
well I have to disagree with you a little bit. I think the 03/04 cobras will be worth more than his model challenger in 10+ years and beyond. And certainly will be worth more than a 94 cobra anytime in the near or far future. The terminator cobra has held its value better than any production mustang in decades. It is a sought after car.

Cough cobra r cough

gargstang

Established Member
These Challengers factory fresh are only running mid to high 14s here in Denver. The last race I was at in Septmeber there was a blue one dipping into the 13s but he had a full exhaust and probably a few other mods. OPs car should be dipping into the mid to high 12s with his mods at this altitude.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
These Challengers factory fresh are only running mid to high 14s here in Denver. The last race I was at in Septmeber there was a blue one dipping into the 13s but he had a full exhaust and probably a few other mods. OPs car should be dipping into the mid to high 12s with his mods at this altitude.

Srt8 cars mid to low 14s I would guess the 392more to be high 13s. I havn't seen one run here yet. The only pullied cobra I have seen run was low 13s so I would say you are damn near spot on.

Beetle6986

Established Member
And no offense to you OP but your driving around in a 8 year old soon to be 9 year old outdated car

Yeah, Because we all know the Challenger was developed using space age technology. They really need to get rid of those old outdated DOHC Forced induction motors with forged internals. They keep making these mistakes. The GT500 is another example of an outdated car that is still in production today. :lol:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Yeah, Because we all know the Challenger was developed using space age technology. They really need to get rid of those old outdated DOHC Forced induction motors with forged internals. They keep making these mistakes. The GT500 is another example of an outdated car that is still in production today. :lol:

You know that wasn't his point... :nonono:

Cali03Cobra

Established Member
yeah, because we all know the challenger was developed using space age technology. They really need to get rid of those old outdated dohc forced induction motors with forged internals. They keep making these mistakes. The gt500 is another example of an outdated car that is still in production today. :lol:

lmao :d

holzmach

Established Member
i think they should of punched it out to a 426 hemi. the 426 was what every one wanted back then. i think as far as sales and marketing, a 426 would of been huge.

holzmach

Established Member
this 392 with a big cam heads and intake with full exhaust will be a monster. i love my cobra, and i love the 500's and i love the 5.0, but im tired of FI all the time to see big gains. this car will be making great power and huge torque na when built.

RideThePONY

Say what?
Established Member
A friend of mine has an 09 R/T, and Challengers are some niceee cars. Lots of room, nice comfortable interior except for that STUPID touch screen head unit lol. He's just barely the slowest of our bunch, but definitely has the nicest all around car. Have yet to see a 392 in action in person but from what I have seen, I like them.

Users who are viewing this thread