My 05 GT Dyno Results

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Dynoed my stock 05 GT tonight to establish a baseline. It has 786 miles on the engine. Here are the results:

Run 1: Completely stock - with cool-down
264.0 RWHP 285.3 TQ

Run 2: Opened airbox with filter - with cool-down
269.0 RWHP 292.3 TQ

Run 3: Opened airbox no filter - with cool-down
268.5 RWHP 295.0 TQ

Run 4: Opened airbox no filter - no cool-down
268.6 RWHP 290.9 TQ

* Average of all runs: 267.5 RWHP 290.9 TQ
* Overall Best Run: #3
* Crank HP (Run #3 and assuming 12% loss) 300.72
TQ: 330.4

Conclusion: 05 GT is making HP/TQ per stock specification. Increased mileage on engine may serve to increase HP and TQ as engine loosens up. Replace paper filter with K&N screen filter. Redyno in six months.

Last edited:

Snorman

Gaining fast...
Established Member
Nice numbers.
786 miles is nothing. I wouldn't be surprised to see another 10-15rwhp after a few thousand miles.
BTW...SAE or STD?
S.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by Snorman
Nice numbers.
786 miles is nothing. I wouldn't be surprised to see another 10-15rwhp after a few thousand miles.
BTW...SAE or STD?
S.

I checked with the tuner and he indicated the values are the actual raw pull numbers.

Last edited:

Iamchris

Shakey Snake
Established Member
Nice numbers... I posted your results over at the Org to ease some Mach'ers... someone had earlier posted a GT dyno that was boasting nearly 300rwhp, caused some controversy.

begone

Established Member
Awesome! Those are great numbers, can't wait to see what it'll do when you start doing little mods here and there.

willy_sc5.0

Established Member
Cobrakindaguy most people use 15% (some use up to 20%) for driveline loss.

Using 15% comes up to 315.8HP/ 347TQ (underrated).

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by willy_sc5.0
Cobrakindaguy most people use 15% (some use up to 20%) for driveline loss.

Using 15% comes up to 315.8HP/ 347TQ (underrated).

FYI...Ford provided the 12% figure in a release about the car because of the way the drivetrain has been redesigned. There is significantly less friction and therefore less of a loss of HP to overcome the friction...so the 12% is the correct figure for the 05 GT. So the car is NOT underrated but right on spec.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Great numbers. I look forward to seeing more of these monsters on the road.
BTW I read an article that stated the percent calculation for parasitic loss through the drive train is incorrect. If it were correct then when you did a mod to the engine, touching nothing else, would your loss through the drivetrain increase? It would not, therefore parasitic loss is a constant and cannot be calculated as a percentage. I believe the loss is about 35hp for a manual tranny, I could be wrong. Either way it still comes out to advertised hp. Looks good.

Last edited:

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by wizbangdoodle
Great numbers. I look forward to seeing more of these monsters on the road.
BTW I read an article that stated the percent calculation for parasitic loss through the drive train is incorrect. If it were correct then when you did a mod to the engine, touching nothing else, would your loss through the drivetrain increase? It would not, therefore parasitic loss is a constant and cannot be calculated as a percentage. I believe the loss is about 35hp for a manual tranny, I could be wrong. Either way it still comes out to advertised hp. Looks good.

I cannot see how parasitic loss can be a constant when the coefficients of friction can be manipulated by use of different materials and the drag overcome to various degrees by using different interfacing angles, improved lubricants and a host of other things. But in any case...Ford reported the HP loss for the 05 Mustang is around 12% rather than the nornally used figure of 15% to 18% due mainly because of the redesign of the drive train. All I really know for certain is that they reported this specific figure.

And when that 12% figure is applied to my raw dyno numbers the CRANK HP and the TQ number results are dead on as reported by Ford for the stock 05 GT.

But as you said..it does come out as the car is advertised. :beer:

Last edited:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
CobraKindaGuy...I posted on another thread asking you if you had any #'s...I guess you do!

Those are about right with what I'm hearing out there. My only complaint...and it's my own fault...is there was a magazine (can't remember which one) who had over 290 ho at the wheels out of one. Other magazines were thinking along the lines of low 13's and maybe 12's with minor add ons. I should have known better than to get caught up in the hype, but I was thinking maybe we had another Terminator deal here where they were grossly underrated. Regardless, it's the damn nicest Mustang since 1969 and comes as advertised. Man....they are going to sell a ton of these if the dealers keep their hands out of the kitty with those absurd mark ups.

CobraKindaGuy

Established Member
Originally posted by FireRed04Vert
CobraKindaGuy...I posted on another thread asking you if you had any #'s...I guess you do!

Those are about right with what I'm hearing out there. My only complaint...and it's my own fault...is there was a magazine (can't remember which one) who had over 290 ho at the wheels out of one. Other magazines were thinking along the lines of low 13's and maybe 12's with minor add ons. I should have known better than to get caught up in the hype, but I was thinking maybe we had another Terminator deal here where they were grossly underrated. Regardless, it's the damn nicest Mustang since 1969 and comes as advertised. Man....they are going to sell a ton of these if the dealers keep their hands out of the kitty with those absurd mark ups.

I saw the numbers (and post on some other board) you are talking about and I can tell you what they reported was preposterous....when you looked at their numbers they matched exactly what Ford reports the HP and TQ is AT THE CRANK....in fact who ever reported those number on the other site was called out for fabricating the entire dyno run.

The numbers I report are the numbers that are showing up consistently by those who have dynoed their 05 GT's since October 19th. This car has NOT been underrated by Ford...it is hitting exactly on the reported numbers after you adjust for parasitic loss through the drive train

...and BTW...I got the parasitic loss value of 12% straight from Ford....despite the value of 15% to 17% being reported here by others on SVTP. Ford indicated the 12% is less than what we are used to seeing because of the new drive train design which frees up about 3% over the old parasitic percentage.

Users who are viewing this thread