My 1970 XW Ford Falcon Coyote Build

XW Coyote

Established Member
Just thought I'd share a couple of pics of my new CNC Billet Camshaft Covers

Alloy%20Cam%20cover%20Natural.jpg

New%20Coyote%20Camshaft%20Covers.jpg

SVTPete83

Established Member
That intake setup is awesome looking as well as the covers! ! Just curious. Looks like you aquired a motor and trans combo from a 5.0 stang. How are you going to Control the 6r80? If u use the stock computer you have some serious sensors to deal with that you cannot cut out of the car. And I know there isn't a stand alone Controller for that trans yet. If there is, I want to know about it as I am doing a coyote in a 54 f100. Build looks awesome. Keep the updates coming!

XW Coyote

Established Member
Yeh I could not find a stand alone transmission controller so we plan on using the Factory PCM at this stage. I've been in touch with some people that say it can be done so we'll have to wait and see and work through the issues as we encounter them.

Thanks for the positive feed back its very much appreciated.

XW Coyote

Established Member
That intake setup is awesome looking as well as the covers! ! Just curious. Looks like you aquired a motor and trans combo from a 5.0 stang. How are you going to Control the 6r80? If u use the stock computer you have some serious sensors to deal with that you cannot cut out of the car. And I know there isn't a stand alone Controller for that trans yet. If there is, I want to know about it as I am doing a coyote in a 54 f100. Build looks awesome. Keep the updates coming!

Pete,

The people I have been talking to have been able to disable the Pats security and get the Copperhead and 6R80 working and they have already had several cars up and running. They have been able to make the Copperhead PCM work like a Ford Control Pack and still control the 6R80 auto.

Happy days for us that want to swap the coyote into other platforms and use the 6R80 :thumbsup:

Last edited:

SVTPete83

Established Member
Pete,

The people I have been talking to have been able to disable the Pats security and get the Copperhead and 6R80 working and they have already had several cars up and running. They have been able to make the Copperhead PCM work like a Ford Control Pack and still control the 6R80 auto.

Happy days for us that want to swap the coyote into other platforms and use the 6R80
That is some news for sure!! I would love a 6 speed auto behind my little truck. Not sure how it will fit though. We will see. Thanks for the info!

XW Coyote

Established Member
That is some news for sure!! I would love a 6 speed auto behind my little truck. Not sure how it will fit though. We will see. Thanks for the info!

Yeh, I'd almost given up on the idea of running the auto. Endless emails to all sorts of companies then I finally found the right contact. Let me know if you need the name of the person to contact.

SVTPete83

Established Member
When I get there I will definitely hit you up! In the meantime I am gonna follow your build for inspiration!

XW Coyote

Established Member
it's been awhile since I have posted on the forum. i've been side tracked for a few months moving interstate and organizing houses and stuff so I've had to put the build on hold for a while.

In the mean time I have been busy sourcing some upgrades for the F150 Coyote engine.

During the break I have decided to run a pair of Garrett GTX3076R turbochargers. I've decided to upgrade the F150 cams to some GT Mustang intake cams and some Boss302R 263 exhaust cams, while they are not radical they should provide some increase in breathing capacity for the turbo's. I've also decide to upgrade the valve springs with some Trickflow springs. Purchased some MMR Billet oil gears and MMR Billet chain guides.

Also purchased a Circle D 3500 stall converter. The final piece of wiring harness has been completed to allow the Coyote and 6R80 to work like a stock factory Mustang and should be on it's way over to Australia very soon.

With the build getting underway again, I should be able to post some regular updates again for those that are interested.

Cheers

XW Coyote

Established Member
Twin turbos... What Hp are you thinking you'll get?

With this engine I'm hoping for around 850 Hp. When this one expires I'll have a sleeved block built with forged internals. Then we'll see if we can go past the 1000 Hp. The Garrett GTX 3076R's I'm having built are supposedly good for 660+ Hp each.

Users who are viewing this thread