My 2004 Cobra on the dyno. Whipple 3.4 Crusher

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Well I am deployed right now, but I got to see my Cobra on the dyno via this video. It has been in works for about 16 months now. Nice to see it finally coming around. Looking forward to getting home and trying her out. As far as mods. Pretty much everything that can be done, is done. Suspension, tranny, engine, fuel system. Car pretty much has nothing stock left. Well except for the Chrome wheels haha. Good part though is the car still looks stock after all these years. 17K on the odometer, lot less on the rest of the car.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vfY-oM1jXM"]YouTube - 04 Cobra Shelby American Motorsports[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Jefe

Established Member
Wheel spin in the middle of the RPM band or? Thats a mean looking engine bay. Nice A/F too, still IRS? E85?

venomws6

Established Member
Congrats man..

I can't see the numbers mid 700rwhp? Nice looking tq curve too.

ROSENDO SANCHEZ

Established Member
Awesome!!

These guys must be real trustworthy to let them work on your car and spend alot of money on it while you are deployed.

Be safe.

93feature

Established Member
Looks like it layed 746 down on the power I didn't catch the torque. The huffer is huge and the car looks and sounds off the hook. I wish you to be safe on your deployment and hope you come home soon to enjoy that awesome cobra.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
looks and sound good! get home safe so we can see some track times!!

power looks like 746rwhp / 646rwtq

FLYIN

Warheads on Foreheads
Established Member
Wheel spin in the middle of the RPM band or? Thats a mean looking engine bay. Nice A/F too, still IRS? E85?

Probably did spin, the dyno pull was on some Eagle 1 GSD3 275/40/17s. I got Micky T DRs 315s waiting for it when I get home. A/F stays pretty good because I built the hell out of the fuel system. Too much fuel system isn't a bad thing, but not enough a fuel system is, plus gives room to grow if I ever turn her up a little later after the car is broken in. Same as with E85 if I decide to go that way a little later. I am still running the 100 Unleaded for now though. Still an IRS, 6 speed car. My plan from the beginning with this one was to keep everything that a 03-04 Cobra came with, but to just upgrade it to perform like I wanted. Level 5 Half Shafts, Full Tilt Boogie everything, Detroit Locker, Locking Diff. 3.73 gears now. QA-1 Adjustable Shocks in the rear as well.

looks and sound good! get home safe so we can see some track times!!

power looks like 746rwhp / 646rwtq

Thanks much and yes those are the numbers. It made that much tq on the Whipple 2.3, but I don't think I am leaning too hard on this setup. I'll see how it does when I get home and I may just leave it alone and be content with the numbers with some increased reliability. I know guys can make bigger numbers with as much as I have put into this one, but these numbers without pushing the car hard is awesome. The other thing, is I spent alot in getting the car set up suspension wise so it can actually plant it to the ground which is huge. Should be a fun car to drive. I am definately looking forward to it. Only about 2 1/2 more weeks here in Afghanistan. My dad is trailering the car back down to me in San Diego the week before I get home because he kicks ass.

Users who are viewing this thread