My 4R70w Conversion

systemdz

Established Member
What crossmember are you guys using for your swap? I'm swapping my Mach1 from tr/3650 to a BC 4R70W w a triple disk circleD.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
I had a T-45 and that crossmember bolted up fine. Yours might also. But I had to move it up about 5" on the frame rails due to different tailshaft housing mounting locations.

systemdz

Established Member
So you can use stock, just need to cut and reweld in 4r location. Thanks

Last edited:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Mobile 1.

Just for the record, I sold the car and on the first drive for the new owner he broke the intermediate shaft on the street tune putting 780 rwhp down. just doing some highway pulls. And Darrin wouldn't answer his phone, which doesn't surprise me since he wouldn't answer for me the last time I tried to call him either.

Turbo98

FR500TT
Established Member
Darrin can be hard to get a hold of. He took care of me after the sale and shipped out a new complete tailshaft housing at no charge when I destroyed the seal.

Obviously I have no idea why the intermediate shaft broke in that trans. From what I understand though, shifting into O/D under WOT can break that shaft. I'm not saying that's what he did but it certainly could be a possibility.

systemdz

Established Member
I spoke with Darrin a couple of weeks ago and he said he has a lot of things going on now and he doesn't have time to work on transmissions right now. Put me in touch w Chris @ CircleD for my converter. Think he has moved on with his other business.

ctrlraven

The Birdman
Established Member
Good thing you didn't have the J-mod done to the valvebody, I bet something would of broke a whole lot sooner than it did.

Another good auto transmission guy is Alan @ DirtyDogPerformance. DirtyDog Performance (Powered by CubeCart)

Going to have Chris @ Circle D rebuild my PI 3500 triple disc when I pull my motor for a rebuild.

boost42

AssKicker
Established Member
How do I correct m speedometer??? I'm in binary editor right now but can't figure out what needs to be changed. It's a 4r75w with 315/35/17 et streets ad 4.10 gears

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
you have to change the spline count for the output shaft....I forget the correct number though.

Users who are viewing this thread