My '87 Nissan R31 GTS-X

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
I knew that title would draw a few of you in....

I was cleaning out some boxes in the closet when I came across some old photo albums. This picture was of the Skyline I had when I was in Okinawa in the 90's. It was a clean car, but it was just an RB20.

U.M.

OLD_0002.jpg

Last edited:

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member
80s and 90s JDM cars are pretty damn cool. It's a shame The Fast and The Furious crowd gave the scene a bad reputation. Honestly I'd like a clean Civic Si or something similar to commute with but the good ones go for premium prices now.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice Skyline, OP. I'll have an R32 GTR one of these days.

80s and 90s JDM cars are pretty damn cool. It's a shame The Fast and The Furious crowd gave the scene a bad reputation. Honestly I'd like a clean Civic Si or something similar to commute with but the good ones go for premium prices now.

I just picked up this little gem. 98 EX. Cold A/C, power locks windows, power steering, all of it. Bonus is she has a fully forged motor and turbo'd on e85 making about 420whp. Tunable boost by gear, car is an absolute riot and is getting over 20mpg on my commute. e85 is $1.50/gallon cheaper than gasoline here so the math means the fuel cost on this car is the same as a gasoline vehicle getting over 30mpg. Win and win.

DoneItDeliberate

Established Member

I just picked up this little gem. 98 EX. Cold A/C, power locks windows, power steering, all of it. Bonus is she has a fully forged motor and turbo'd on e85 making about 420whp. Tunable boost by gear, car is an absolute riot and is getting over 20mpg on my commute. e85 is $1.50/gallon cheaper than gasoline here so the math means the fuel cost on this car is the same as a gasoline vehicle getting over 30mpg. Win and win.

I'd commute that.

72SBC

Established Member

That’s sick. I daily drove a black 00 Si for years. I like the Honda cars. I want a 4 door GSR now.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
That’s sick. I daily drove a black 00 Si for years. I like the Honda cars. I want a 4 door GSR now.

Funny you say... When i bought it, i was considering this Civic or a supercharged 4 door GSR that had some issues i didnt feel like dealing with (electrical gremlins and registration issues).

This little EX was turn-key ready to go so i went this way, but id LOVE a clean 4 door Integra one day.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

I saw your new gem in the other thread. That's a pretty cool Honda EX. Congratulations. It's awesome that at its heart is a stout/forged motor pumping out 420hp to the wheels. Should definitely be a fun driver. Enjoy it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
First gear being farthest away WOULD definitely be very weird. Just shifting with my left arm would be weird. The RB20 was a good looking car, but that R32 was pretty cool in a bad-ass way. Skylines are just plain great.

72SBC

Established Member
I do but, I don’t. Nightmare to get parts, now it’s even worse, and now they are all rusted out and trashed. Getting body panels and just general interior/exterior stuff is next to impossible now.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I do but, I don’t. Nightmare to get parts, now it’s even worse, and now they are all rusted out and trashed. Getting body panels and just general interior/exterior stuff is next to impossible now.

That's what im worried about.. parts. And the RB26 can be a finicky bitch. Oiling issues being the main one. Although they sound HEAVENLY.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
That's what im worried about.. parts. And the RB26 can be a finicky bitch. Oiling issues being the main one. Although they sound HEAVENLY.
I’d love an Rb26 car

But I still love 2jz so much more.. I keep telling myself not to get another is300

72SBC

Established Member
Blew that one up, turbos let go and popped a few ring lands. Clutch is shit on them too, matter of fact most of the stuff is a shit on them lol.

72SBC

Established Member
So we're left with sound. Well shit.

I still want one haha
Steering wheel is cool, full exhaust shoots flames, stock they are slow as balls. But I swear they stir something in me. I would almost trade my Viper for a 400r. A built r32/r33 would really make me consider it. I’ve been in love with GT-R’s ever since I watched Jackie Chan’s Thunderbolt.

Users who are viewing this thread