My 93 cobra light Resto, follow along!!

• Thread starter snakeplisskin93
  • Start date
S

snakeplisskin93

Yeah Willy a bit at a time. I did DS taillight today, I'll get some pics on monday of it.

S

snakeplisskin93

More pics. First one I did DS taillight repaint and then more pics of both finished. The black stripes are still faded, I may just pinstripe over them.
Jun0903.gif

S

snakeplisskin93

When I had hatch open while painting the tail lights, I noticed the hatch struts were still original also with the ford number and date on them, wow, pretty cool!:beer:

WillyB93

Established Member
Surprisingly the hatch shocks are still stock they seem to go bad all the time. It may just be they got used which kept them in good shape.

S

snakeplisskin93

Surprisingly the hatch shocks are still stock they seem to go bad all the time. It may just be they got used which kept them in good shape.

Yup, even peaked in the fender, air silencer is still there too. Wish they woulda left cd player in it.

S

snakeplisskin93

Whats up fellas! Haven't been on here lately. Been to damn hot here in the desert, so resto is on hold till probably october when it cools down. I'll then resume my light resto work.

Itching to work on it, but it's 105 degrees everyday and a couple humid weeks thrown in to boot.

Car's still running strong and even had a tourist say" I haven't seen a 93 cobra in years" as I was sitting at the light coming out of citycenter. Guess he knew the real thing!

bossman302

Banned
Tail Lights

Car looks to be comming along nice, Just curious why you went with black on the tail lights unstead of the dark charcoal like factory? Just rape off the lines and spray them as well, that is what I do when I restore them.

S

snakeplisskin93

Car looks to be comming along nice, Just curious why you went with black on the tail lights unstead of the dark charcoal like factory? Just rape off the lines and spray them as well, that is what I do when I restore them.

The lights were so faded I thought they were black originally.

WillyB93

Established Member
I wished for that weather, it has been like 50 here the last few days.

Users who are viewing this thread