My autocross video

sn95.ohh

Established Member
Ok so the Mustang autocross community here is highly lacking. Lets see if I can breathe some life into this section.

One of our local clubs held an autocross on a local track today. I have been racing for about two years.

Car is a 94 GT with a stock 03 Cobra IRS and the front is equipped with Koni SA struts, H&R SS springs, MM CC plates and an Eibach bar.

Enjoy! I have many other autocross vids of my car in my channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ln6oErTYVaU

sn95.ohh

Established Member
The car takes some man handling and requires a decent driver behind the wheel to get the most out of it but it does put down respectable times. I was 28th overall at that event out of 100. With my suspension and driving, the tires are my limiting factor. My car is begging for slicks at this point.

sn95.ohh

Established Member
They usually are in parking lots. This is a special event they hold twice a year were we get to autocross on a local road course here.

wmfateam

Established Member
Very nice. We just had one on a road course as well. The mustangs put the coopers and miatas that usually kill us in their places. I joke with my boss that my cars suspension is so far from good geometry that it works with my goofy driving.

4601S/C

Established Member
That looks like a blast! I autocross my car, all I've done is parking lots so far, but I love it.

MFE

Established Member
Looked pretty well done to me. Nice and smooth, obviously looking far ahead of the car, good corrections...

Brute

Established Member
Great idea to breathe life into this autocross section, and thanks for sharing your video!

I noticed that you still have your interior mirror. Have you considered removing it to increase your abillity to see the track? It works well, and you would be amazed how it opens up your vision, especially since a driver is supposed to keep his eyes on the top half of the windshield.

It can be done in 30 seconds by a Ford dealer that does collision work.

Last edited:

sn95.ohh

Established Member
Looked pretty well done to me. Nice and smooth, obviously looking far ahead of the car, good corrections...

Thank you! This wasn't even my best or smoothest run but I clipped a cone on my two faster runs.

Driver mod is so important. I always get people coming up to me and saying "You ran a xx.xxx in that....thing".

sn95.ohh

Established Member
Great idea to breathe life into this autocross section, and thanks for sharing your video!

I noticed that you still have your interior mirror. Have you considered removing it to increase your abillity to see the track? It works well, and you would be amazed how it opens up your vision, especially since a driver is supposed to keep his eyes on the top half of the windshield.

It can be done in 30 seconds by a Ford dealer that does collision work.

My rear view mirror has never been an issue for me. Plus it is my daily driver.

sn95.ohh

Established Member
I autocross my car aton and would like to build a better community here. I will be competing in my first national event in College Station. I will not be driving my car but I will be co driving my friends Miata. I am so pumped!

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
That's awesome - the two local sports car clubs use an abandoned air field for the majority of their autocross events, and for a handful the Navy lets them use an open concrete air field at Little Creek AFB. I haven't been since my son was born, and I want to install get my suspension more suitably set up.

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
Good run. So did you happen to see the Candy red 2012 5.0 running in F-street? That is my buddy and the 2013 F-stock national champion. You should talk to him sometime he is a phenomenal driver.

sn95.ohh

Established Member
Yep. Brian Burdette is a really cool guy and a great driver. I try to pick his brain whenever I can.

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
You are wise to do so. Brian taught me and we both learned from Strano. He is a super nice guy and we in the DC region miss him dearly. Good luck down there.

Users who are viewing this thread