My best friend.......

corvetteman39

Established Member
Finally got his dream car this week, 85 Lambo Countach with 60,000 kilometers on it, getting a fresh service on it $3800 and a new clutch slve cyl for $60.

RandysLambo.jpg

RandysLambo2.jpg

RandysLambo3.jpg

RandysLambo4.jpg

RandysLambo5.jpg

wvmystichrome

Established Member
I've always liked those. A guy near here had the very first Lambo Countach brought into America. It was just unbelieveable then and they are a car you just don't see very often. One lucky fellow.

highdensity007

Best wifey EVAR!
Established Member
Nice car. I had posters up in my room of those cars as a kid.

I heard those models have a habit of the interior smelling like gas. Does his have A/C?

corvetteman39

Established Member
Well on the pics he wanted to just get a few for now cause he wants to clean it up as it has sat for six years in a garage. Yea he's super happy with it, we've been friends for 23 years and he's wanted one for longer than that!!

corvetteman39

Established Member
Nice car. I had posters up in my room of those cars as a kid.

I heard those models have a habit of the interior smelling like gas. Does his have A/C?

You know I never thought to ask him that, I haven't got to see it yet cause he brought it straight to the shop for the service and the slave cyl replacement. He's supposed to get it back this week or the begining of next week.

SVTjocson

Banned
before i saw the pics i thought the price of the car was $3,800. i was like "okay its an old car, probably beat up, rusted and stuff." but when i saw the pics i realized there is now way that was $3,800! now that had me wondering how much did he actually pay? i dont know much about old lambos but im guessing 45k? :shrug:

dads01dream

Established Member
That's awesome!!! My dad waited 36 years for his dream car, a corvette he lusted after them since he was 21..... sadly, he died of cancer 6 months after taking delivery - That's the car in my signature (why my id is "dads01dream"), I vowed to keep it in his memory as long as I could & it's been 9 years now!!! :burnout:

corvetteman39

Established Member
That's awesome!!! My dad waited 36 years for his dream car, a corvette he lusted after them since he was 21..... sadly, he died of cancer 6 months after taking delivery - That's the car in my signature (why my id is "dads01dream"), I vowed to keep it in his memory as long as I could & it's been 9 years now!!! :burnout:

My condolences for your fathers passing so soon after getting his dream car, glad to hear you kept it in his memory. I'm sure he's smiling down on you from the heavens!! :beer:

Shin

Established Member
:shrug: I feel like a bum lol my dream car is a 98 mustang GT :D

Good find, get some better quality pix up asap :beer:

corvetteman39

Established Member
before i saw the pics i thought the price of the car was $3,800. i was like "okay its an old car, probably beat up, rusted and stuff." but when i saw the pics i realized there is now way that was $3,800! now that had me wondering how much did he actually pay? i dont know much about old lambos but im guessing 45k? :shrug:

I never ask anyone how much they pay for anything, but I know alot of the ones he was looking at were no less than 50k and as high as 100k. The $3800 is for the fresh service.

corvetteman39

Established Member
:shrug: I feel like a bum lol my dream car is a 98 mustang GT :D

Good find, get some better quality pix up asap :beer:

Don't feel like that, I mean everyone has their own version of their dream car, some people like me want a Vette and a cobra and I didn't care a whole lot of what year Cobra I just wanted one, now my Vette I wanted a C5 but would also love to have a 66 with a 427. Then some people want an exotic of some sort which is still affordable for some, like some Ferrari's you can grab for about $59,000 for a 360.

Users who are viewing this thread